Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Saturday, August 9, 2008

While you slept


This had to be written...it is everything that I feel daily for my precious little girl and it is something I hope she grows up knowing.

To my sweet little angel girl,

While you slept this morning I watched you. The rise and fall of your chest, the way you gently moved your mouth, the way your hair stood straight in the air and the way you cried out “mommy” in your sleep. You are truly the most amazing being on this planet. The love I have for you is indescribable. At the same time you can make me feel the most love and the most fear I have ever experienced. I have never wanted anything more in this world than to be a mommy. You and your bubba gave that to me. I am so afraid to hold on to you too tightly, but I can’t seem to let you go. We spend every minute of every day together and I can’t imagine it being any other way. You are truly amazing.

I have so many hopes and dreams for you. Not mine…but, your own. Dreams that I can imagine you accomplishing. I hope that you live your life with the highest morals and values. I hope that daddy and I raise you to know the difference. I hope you are the one that people come to because they know they can trust you. I hope that you believe in the Path that our God has created just for you and that you follow it with faith in Him. I hope that your happiness in life overshadows any pain you might ever feel. You are the best.

I love the way you talk and wave to bubba like he is standing right next to you. I love that you already know that he is a part of our family even though he is not here with us. I love how affectionate you are…even with strangers. I love how you beat the odds! I love that when I look at you I don’t remember the pain and fear I felt while you were in the NICU. And I love that you make me think it will be easy if we travel that road again. I love that I can still remember how it felt to feel you move inside of me…you never stayed still! I love that you like the same types of food as me and that you look so much like your daddy. I love to watch you play golf and I love to watch you dance. I love that you came into this world so “girly,” but you act like a linebacker sometimes. You are the love of my life.

You are the one that brings a smile to my face daily. Your presence has gotten me through some rough days. You are my Ellie Grace…the one and only.

I love you with all that I have…forever.
Mommy

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I loved reading your post today. We truly do have two of the most amazing little girls in the world. I am so blessed to have met you.