Today was another beautiful spring day! I had the day planned out, so I could get work and play accomplished. I have been putting off calling the genetic counselor only because Brandon has been working 12+ hours a day and the last thing he has time for is accompanying me to ANOTHER specialist. However, that is just one appointment he has to be present for. I am embarrassed to admit this…but, I need to call and schedule my CT, too. My excuse for not doing that yet is because Ellie has been sick…then I was sick and now Biddy is sick and she is the only one that we let babysit Ellie. Anyway, my conscience is getting the best of me, so I am going to try and get it scheduled for the same day as the GC (genetic counselor for short).
Apparently, God wasn’t going to let me hide from the GC because my phone rang today and caller ID said “Baylor College of Medicine.” I always answer b/c it is usually the CF clinic. Well, it wasn’t…it was the GC kindly reminding me that we needed to make an appointment to see her (she is VERY nice). I took the opportunity while I had her on the phone to ask her the 1000 questions I have had swirling around in my head. I wish I could recount the entire conversation b/c it was awesome! She sat on the phone for an hour and allowed me to ask her every question I had about the likelihood of us using our 5 remaining embryos vs. having to reharvest new eggs. We went over every scenario (you all know my type A had to get every detail) based on what we find from Bennett’s tests and Brandon’s Ambry test that should come in next month. The combination of the findings is what will determine how we can proceed.
Stressful, yes…but, she also acts as an advocate for us. So, we are going to appeal to our insurance company to try to get them to cover a fresh cycle of IVF with preimplantation genetic screening on Day 2. This is where all of you come in…we need prayers from all of you. If she can actually accomplish this I am pretty sure she would be considered our angel here on earth…it would be an answered prayer. We will know more next Tuesday, but for today it was a pretty big boost for the ol’ morale.
Today, I made my first baby doll t-shirt dress for my little cowgirl to debut tomorrow…Houston Rodeo kickoff day! ADORABLE!!! Look for the pictures tomorrow.
Now I’ve got to run to do our family devotional time. Rather than give something up for Lent (one thing for all three of us) we decided to add family devo time while we lay in bed…now if I can just wake B back up!!!
March for Babies update: Only 58 days left until our walk. There has been an issue with our team site. I have emailed MOD several times and have not received a response back. If you are planning on walking with us and you are collecting donations please email me personally. As of right now we are at $765...a mere $2235 left to go. WE CAN DO IT!!!! Remember: A gift certificate for the indivudual that raises or donates the the largest sum!
2 weeks ago