Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy 20th Bennett Day

Happy 20th Bennett Day, Bubba…we miss you every second of every day.

Wow…it blows my mind that our little man has been gone for 20 months now. Some days it feels like yesterday and other days it seems like an eternity since I last heard his cry or felt his skin.

Usually we all go out to see Bennett with white balloons and fresh flowers on Bennett Day. Today was a little different. Ellie is still running a low grade fever and she seems to have an upper respiratory infection now. At 4 am (this is her favorite time to get really sick) she started to cough and have a ton of nasal congestion. I gave her Triaminic and suctioned her nose and she fell back to sleep. For the rest of the day we fought with sneezing, coughing and a terrible runny nose. This poor baby has been through a whole week of feeling crummy! So, I will be calling the doctor AGAIN tomorrow for (hopefully) another prescription. Daddy brought bubba fresh flowers, took pictures and then brought his balloons home and we sent our messages to him together in the back yard. Ellie is so adorable when she talks to Bennett. She looks up at the sky and blows kisses and tells me to wave…she must see something that I can’t…I would love to trade places with her sometimes.

It’s time for our weekly March for Babies update:
Only 70 days left friends!!! We are desperately trying to reach our goal and we are begging you to help us out. We would love for you to post our Team Chunky Monkey info on your Facebook, website or blog pages. The more the merrier, so feel free to send our team info to all of your friends and family. We are currently at $640…with only $2360 left to go. We have decided that we are going to offer a prize (gift card) for the individual that helps raise the most money for Team Chunky Monkey. So, get your fundraising shoes on and let the fun begin!!!

A question for all of you that have read The Shack:
I ran across this article about the book and the author...I am a little confused. I was under the impression that the story was about Willie's friend Mack and it was a true story. If you read this article it paints a different picture. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

The Lyons Family said...

Jake woke up with the same garbage this morning. Ugh!!! Feels like we just got over something and he's sick again. Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not alone! :) Sorry I haven't sent your gift yet - I promise to do that this week!!! Take care, girl!

Heidi said...

I hope Ellie starts to turn the corner soon, poor baby. Also, I love your new blog layout!

Thinking of little Bennett today

Heidi said...

You may totally add me to your blog roll. I think I added you, but i'll double check. I check your blog all the time. I will be interested to see what your CT shows. Think of all the colds/infections they just thought were nothing, where with CF, they are always something. I'm not trying to scare you of course. It is just with each infection, more damage is done. But, the good thing is that now you know! And the docs will do the right things to make sure the next cold/infection gets taken care of right away to AVOID the damage. I think the 25-75% is the small airways measurement. It is hard this time of year because bugs are always going around. Even post-tx things usually turn into a chest infection for me...this is what i'm going through now. I am happy that your doc seems on the ball. Usually there will be a clinic coordinator, or the doctors email or pager number that you can get ahold of them anytime you need them. Also know that you can email me anytime if you have questions you don't want to post on the blog. hmidoux at aol.com.