Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Friday, February 13, 2009

She said yes...

We had some fantastic news last night and we were so blessed to be a part of it.

My baby brother got down on one knee and asked his fantastic girlfriend to marry him!!!!!!!! She said....."H-E-double hockey sticks, yes!!! Oh my gosh, I mean YES, YES, YES!" He told her he liked the first response better. We all celebrated with Lupe Tortilla and a champagne toast ~ it was so exciting!

Dave and Katie are SO in love. When you see them together you do not question whether or not God has chosen one person for each of us...you KNOW He has. I am...We are so very lucky to have the pleasure of welcoming her to our crazy family ~ she fits like a glove!

Congrats Uncle Dave and Aunt Katie...Ellie will be the most beautiful flower girl E.V.E.R!!! We are so blessed that you included us in the evening. What an honor.

Blessings,
Angie

**Ellie update:
Ellie is still running a low grade fever. I am waiting at home for the doctor to call me back about what we need to do as far as meds are concerned. She sounds very congested...kind of like this yucky stuff has turned into a head cold. We were lucky enough to have Biddy stay with her for a few hours last night, so that we could share Dave and Katie's special moment with them. PLEASE keep our little angel in your prayers. She has been through the ringer this week as far as feeling bad is concerned. Every time I get dressed she starts crying and saying, "No, mommy...home." She is so afraid that we are going to take her back to the hospital...poor baby. Another funny note: Every time I finish takeing her temp (rectal of course) she looks at me and says, "Thank you, mommy." What a SWEETIE! I think the hightlight of her last 24 hours was that we brought back Lupe Tortilla leftovers and she ate the beans, rice and cheese like crazy!

1 comment:

Barnes Family said...

Sorry to hear about Ellie that is never fun and you feel terrible because there is nothing you can do to make them feel better. That is awesome that Dave is engaged!!!! Hopefully Ellie will be better soon and we will have to try to get together. If you need anything just give me a call:)!