Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A celebration of life

I have been out of the loop for the last week and just today read a comment for a prayer request I received.

When the twins were born, Brandon and I received one of the most sincere cards with a letter from a parent of a precious little girl that happened to be in 2nd grade when I taught it at LVE. From that moment in our lives and through the next year that “mother of a child” became a friend of mine. She always remembered our family on anniversary days or holidays. She would visit our precious little prince and leave balloons and flowers, but most importantly she always held our family close to her heart and in her prayers because she knows the heartbreak of losing children. My friend is my inspiration. I have told her on numerous occasions that her words are what calm my mind when I think this tragedy will just consume me. She is faithful, kind, selfless and compassionate. She has been a true blessing to Brandon and me.

A few weeks ago she sent me an email. It was about her sister’s niece. She was in a very tragic accident on her way to youth camp, was thrown from the bus and trapped under it. I kept Maggie Lee and her family in my prayers and then this morning I read the comment and linked to her caring bridge site to read her parents journal. She spent the last few weeks in a coma fighting courageously for her life and on Sunday evening she was carried to her eternal home in the arms of our Lord.

Please keep this faithful family in your prayers as they celebrate the life of Maggie Lee today at 1pm. Please pray for the strength of John, Jinny and Jack as they are grieving this most unfathomable loss.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Matthew 5:4

Blessings,
Angie

No comments: