Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Your amazing support!

The support of our friends and family has brought us to a total of $1356.00 raised as of today for the March for Babies. WOW! I am so thankful and have such pride in my heart that we are all contributing to an organization that might someday help save another one of our babies...or one of your own.

I love getting emails saying that we have "one more walker" on our team. You will never understand how much joy we feel to know that so many of you still support us and think of us on a daily basis. On most days, walking in our shoes feels terribly lonely, but knowing that we are supported by all of you is a true blessing.

Brandon and I went to dinner tonight with two of Bennett and Ellie's angels. We will be forever indebted to Charlette and Kaitlin (along with our other primary nurses at Women's Hospital) for the love and devotion they showed to our family while we were in the NICU. It is impossible to express how we feel for them. They are our heros...and spending time with them brings us back to the most precious times in our life. You would think that we would want to leave all of that pain and fear behind, but that is a part of our lives that we never want to forget. We look forward to every single chance we have to see our babies' NICU aunt's (and uncle - Chris!). Gratitude and pride are the two best words I can use to describe how we feel when we are with these people. So, thank you, for taking time out of your schedule to spend time with us...you will never know how much it means to us.

Now, for something I haven't asked for in months...a prayer request. As most of you know, Brandon and I are leaving on Friday to go on a business trip to Chicago...without Ellie! We are leaving our precious little angel behind for the first time and I am a wreck!!! I am excited to have the time with Brandon, but I know I am going to miss Ellie so much it is going to hurt. Please pray for all of us while we are away. Pray that both Grandma's make it through this experience in one piece, pray that Ellie has the strength to survive without us :), and please pray for a save trip for Brandon and myself.

I will post as soon as we get back with details about the getaway and new pics.

Blessings,
The Kahl crew

No comments: