Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful…

WOW. Where does the time go?  This post has been a long time coming and it feels like the right time to start blogging again so my kiddos actually have proof of their childhood!

With Thanksgiving 2011 quickly approaching, I feel like I will start with all (or at least some of) the things I am thankful for right now.

I am thankful for my (almost) 5 year old princess and my 1 1/2 year old terror!  I am so blessed to be the mommy to such amazing kiddos.

photo (1)

I am super thankful for our new home!  I LOVE everything about this house, neighborhood, and surrounding area.  It really was a huge blessing to our family to take such a risk!

I am thankful that we live so close to my parents now!  I love spending time with my mom and now I only have to drive 15 minutes to do it!

photo (5)photo (7)

I am thankful that we have turned this house into a home.  I have worked countless hours to get this house decorated and “homey” feeling and I think we are almost there!

I am thankful that Ellie is spelling and reading!!!  Now, she isn’t going to whip out her own blog post or read a chapter in Little Women, but she can spell most simple vowel pattern words you give her and she can read them as well!  So proud of her and how hard she works every day we are in school!!!

photo (3)photo (4)

On that note, I am thankful to be a mommy that has had so much success this first “real” year at homeschooling!  I truly love it because it is all my favorite parts of being a teacher without all of the junk!

I am thankful that Cullen is already potty training.  I’m not sure it’s entirely normal for a 17 month old to WANT to use the potty, but he does and he actually goes, so we are going to roll with it!

I’m thankful for cold days even though they are few and far between.  Hey, mother nature: I would love to wear my UGGS on a daily basis!

I am thankful for weight watchers.  I have lost 23 pounds in the last 9 weeks and I really feel so much better about myself.  I am not one of those people that has self control when it comes to food, so WW is the perfect program for me because it holds me accountable each week for the food I eat on a daily basis.

I am thankful that Blakely drives home from college to watch our kiddos when we want to go out!  I don’t think I am ready to trust a total stranger with my kids and it is such a blessing that Blake loves them enough to come back when we need her to.

photo (2)

I am thankful that the holidays are here!  I love this time of year and I am ready to get our home turned into a whimsical winter wonderland!

I am thankful for my hubby!!!  He works so very hard for our family and we are so grateful for that!  

photo (6)

I am thankful for free time which is few and far between!  Today the boys are running errands together and I blessed myself with the time to write this blog!  Hopefully, this is the beginning of something good and I will continue to have a few minutes each week to record our family’s memories!

Blessings,

Angie

1 comment:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

So happy to hear an update on you all! Your kids are so precious! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!