Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Friday, May 8, 2009

Not inspired…

So, I realized today that it has been an entire week without a post. I’d say, “I can’t believe how fast time flies by,” but I’ve said that a time or two in the past few weeks!

Really, honestly, truthfully, I just haven’t felt inspired to write. If I dig deep down and just come out and say it…I think it’s because Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I love Mother’s Day and I am so very grateful to be able to celebrate this day (although I truly feel like every day is Mother’s Day…b/c I am blessed enough to be a mommy). It’s just so hard to celebrate Mother’s Day without one of your babies. It’s hard to do anything without one of your babies…but, really I don’t even feel inspired to write about that right now.

I have to figure a way out of my funk before Sunday. We were supposed to have a big “headstone” unveiling, but Burleson Monuments fouled up the delivery of Bennett’s headstone, so that won’t be happening this weekend. I am sort of relieved that we don’t have to do a big “unveiling” though…I am just feeling like I want to mourn and “celebrate” that moment with Brandon and Ellie.

Today was a nice mental break. We spent the day with Rhys and his mommy again. Friday has turned into our play day and we count the days down until our next meeting. Next on our agenda…we are going to take the kids swimming…Lord help us!

I am hoping I will feel like digging into my heart soon because getting my feelings out on my blog has really proven itself to be the best form of therapy for me. Maybe tomorrow…

4 comments:

The Lyons Family said...

Take your time, Friend! We'll be here when you're ready! :)

Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorite Mommy Friends!!!

Much love, Jenn

Jodi said...

I know, I get the same way and I just had to stop writing for awhile. We're always here to listen when you feel like writing. I sure wished we lived closer. We could help each other out of these little funks. Have a great weekend! I'll be thinking of you!

Candice said...

Hooray for Fridays, our favorite day of the week! We LOVE our play dates. Happy Mother's Day friend!

Christy said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the bravest Mommies I know. I'm praying for you this weekend. :)