Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

To deliver or not…

That was the question I was asked at the OB yesterday and I was TOTALLY unprepared for it!

Yes, I am in pain.  Sometimes, the pain is unbearable, but was it so bad that I would risk 3 more days of Cullen in the safety of my womb…NO! 

The nurse practitioner said it wouldn’t make much of a difference and that it was totally up to me.  I had not mentally prepared myself to deliver, so I felt rushed.  I am a thinker…I waste a lot of life worrying about making the right decision.  I asked her to go ask my OB what I should do.  She came back and said that the OB said that she knows me well and with my personality I would never forgive myself if I delivered him early and he ended up in the NICU…and she was right!  So, because I knew I could deal with the pain for three more days that is what I decided to do. 

Now last night I was totally kicking myself as I contracted every 8 minutes, but I made it through and here we are with our last day tomorrow!

Today was one of the best days ever with Ellie!  We woke up and met my friends Les and Jen with their kids at our neighborhood splash pad.  We followed that up with lunch at Les’ house and let the kids play a little longer.  I was feeling totally exhausted at this point, but it was such a pleasure to watch Ellie have so much fun with her friends.  After lunch Jen and I headed to the nail salon with our girls.  Ellie and Brooke are only three months apart and take gymnastics and ballet together.  It was awesome!  We all had mani’s and pedi’s and they even had special chairs for the little girls!  Ellie sat like a statue the entire time…even for the massage!!!  She looks adorable and she and Brooke have the tiniest flowers on their toes and thumbs!  It was very relaxing and I have waited MONTHS to have a day like that! 

Side note: I had to pump gas in my car after the nail salon and I had actually forgotten how to open the door to the gas tank!!!  What a moron!  I did finally manage to figure it out!  AND…because I am so huge and uncomfortable I sure did go to the nail salon in my strapless, short sundress with a visor on!!!  Straight from the splash pad to the nail salon…I looked really classy!

When we got home I had a few little tasks that needed to be completed and then it was on to the BIG plan I had.  Make three meals in order to freeze some homemade food for next week after we bring Cullen home.  Now, I haven’t cooked in months, but I have been dying to get back into the kitchen!!!  I surprised myself with my organization and cleanliness.  It really didn’t take me long at all to complete all three meals and OH MY GOODNESS they all taste SO good!!!  On the menu when we come home:

Spicy Beef spaghetti

Cheesy baked eggplant pasta

Taco salad

They are not healthy at all, but really who cares b/c they are homemade!!!  Plus, I still can’t fathom eating chicken, so I used ground beef.  It’s funny because before I was pregnant we didn’t have any beef in our house ever!  It will be interesting to see how that transitions after Cullen arrives. 

I am totally exhausted now, but I truly couldn’t have imagined a better day with Ellie!  I felt like a mom for the first time in months and it made my heart smile.  I am thankful to our fantastic friends and their kiddos for sharing their day with us!  It was an unbelievable day!

So, tomorrow is it!  I plan on putting the hospital table away and getting Cullen’s co-sleeper moved next to my side of the bed.  The rest of the house is totally ready and our housekeeper comes while I am in the hospital anyway. 

I can’t believe I made it.

I am proud and excited and grateful. 

We are hours away from holding our little boy in our arms!  EEEkkkk!!!

The LORD is my strength and my shield; 
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. 
My heart leaps for joy 
and I will give thanks to him in song.

Psalm 28:7

Blessings,

Angie

5 comments:

The Lyons Family said...

Oh Angie, I am so stinkin' excited for y'all! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!! You've made it, girl, and I am so proud of you and amazed by your strength. I'm praying for you as you prepare for Cullen's delivery tomorrow - that everything would go smoothly and that you would feel the Lord's presence wash over you throughout the day. Tell B to give you a big hug for me, k? Love you lots, girlie!!!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Congratulations... I am so glad you have made it and you will be holding your blessing soon. I look forward to reading your birth story. You have done an awesome job. Many thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thomas and Jamie said...

Amen and Amen Angie!!! Congratulations in advance since I'll be away from the computer for a few days! Praying for you!!

Emily's Blog said...

I've been readin gyour blog for a while now, but never commented before.
I am so happy that you have made it this far!! Cullen doesn't know how lucky he is to have parents like y'all and a mom that would do anything for him.
I am praying that everything goes well during the delivery and that Cullen is able to go home from the hospital when you do.

The Lane Family said...

Congratulations on making it and on getting ready to welcome Mr. Cullen into your home!!

We wish you all the best!!