Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The half-year mark

Cullen Spencer Kahl is SIX months old!  Well, in fairness he has been six months old for almost three weeks, but his half-year mark fell during the weekend we were out of town, so I am just getting around to the post!  The good news is he is still six months old, so I am not THAT behind! 

nov2010 017

Stats:

~You have been rolling over (both ways) for the last two months, but you have finally mastered the art of sitting up!  You are what we like to call “husky” so sitting was a bit of a challenge!

nov2010 020

~You got your 2 bottom teeth on the same day the week before you turned 6 months old!  You are now working on your bottom “i” teeth and the top teeth!  If you don’t quit biting mommy you will be a bottle drinker soon!

dec2010 094

~You weigh 19.6 pounds (I made Daddy stand on the scale with you last night)

nov2010 254

~ You are wearing size 3 diapers which should accommodate a baby up to 28 lbs, but I don’t think you’ll make it that long in them

~ You are wearing size 6-12 month clothes in Gap and Gymboree although some outfits are still a little big.

~ You wear size 6-12 month PJ's and mommy loves Gap and Gymboree footed PJ's

~ We just moved up to size 6-12 month socks b/c the 0-6 were cutting off circulation in your calves!  Oh, how I will miss those cute Trumpet socks. :(

~ You are still nursing and I don’t see you weaning anytime soon!  You eat 3 solid meals a day.  Breakfast is a fruit with apple rice cereal and breast milk mixed in.  Lunch is a fresh fruit and veggie and dinner is a veggie with rice cereal and breast milk mixed in.  I make all of your food fresh and it’s all organic.  I L.O.V.E the baby cook  by BEABA!!!  You have tried:

avocado, banana, sweet potato, butternut squash, apple, pears, prunes, peas, carrots and rice cereal.

~You pretty much love all foods 

nov2010 325

~ You just started noticing Bo the boxer.  I hope you love animals as much as your sister does someday.

~ You enjoy your jumperoo, but your new love is playing with racecars on the floor (sitting up)!  You LOVE the racecars you got for Christmas and as long as you have those you are a happy man.

nov2010 356

~ You are oh so close to crawling which is amazing to me!  You tuck your knees up and army crawl all over the place.  I am so paranoid all the time about what is on the floor b/c you pick everything up!  Ellie never did this.  Also, you are so curious.  You crawled to the bathroom cabinets this morning and started trying to open them.  Looks like we will be baby proofing SOON!

nov2010 166

~ You love looking at books and chewing on the corners of them!!!

~ You love listening to music, BUT when we sing to you and make up songs you are in heaven.  You laugh and smile the whole time.

~ You do not like having your clothes changed at all.  You are a squirmy worm on the changing table and I think you just hate having things put over your head.

~ You are on the most “scheduled” schedule ever! (I’m knocking on wood right now) I can pretty much count on you waking, eating, playing, nursing and napping at the same time every day:

wake: 8am

eat: 9am

nap: 11-1:30

eat: 2:30

nap: 3:30-5:30

eat: 6:45

bath: 7ish

sleep by 8pm

CRAZY!!!  Ellie was never on a schedule…EVER.  I think it is harder to have a scheduled child, but I do love the alone time with Ellie during the day.  I don’t take any credit for the schedule, but I do think it helps that we have someone that watches you during the day, so that I don’t have to bring you out.  Being at home most of the time has helped you form this habit.

~You still won’t really take a bottle for Blakely.  There are some days that I come home and notice you might have had 2 ounces.

cullen xmas 

~I started giving you a sippy cup with your meals and you love to use it.  You look so proud when you get it to your mouth…and chew on the spout!  I put about an ounce of prune juice mixed with water in the cup b/c you have horrible bowel issues.  You always smile really big when you realize I put the juice in the cup!

~ You love to be in the bath.  You love to be in the bath even more with sister!  You ADORE her!

~Your smile can light up a room and your laugh is contagious!

 cullen mittens

~ You say, “Dadada” all the time!  You also know the “n and b” sounds and are working on the “m” sound. 

~You instantly smile when I say, “Where’s Daddy?”  He is your pal!

~You also love it when I say, “How big is Cullen?”  You smile and are getting ready to put your arms up.  You are such a smarty pants!

~You are about to get another haircut.  Daddy gave you a trim on your 5 month birthday, but now you really need a cut.  You have so much hair on top that it looks hilarious after we blow it dry!

bigguy

You have changed so much in the last 2 months.  You went from a little baby to a little boy.  I think I kiss you over a hundred times a day because I am so totally in love with you.  You will never know how much I love you, but I will spend the rest of our lives telling you! 

I love you always and forever,

Mommy 

1 comment:

Hearing Aids said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.