Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I In her own words…

Kids say the funniest things…and my kid is no exception.  I WISH I had taken my mother’s advice (never thought I’d say that!) and write down every single one of Ellie’s funny phrases, but I haven’t.  So, I ‘m going to keep track of them on here the best that I can from now on.

 

~Cullen was crying in his crib one afternoon.  I was close and I knew he wasn’t in danger, he just wanted to be held.  Ellie ran into his room and turned his light on and said, “There, Cullen, now you can’t be scared of the dark anymore.  See, mommy he isn’t crying anymore because he isn’t scared.”  Well, if only I had thought of that!!!

~Daddy threw a pillow through the living room to put it back up on the couch.  He missed his target and hit one of my picture frames instead.  Ellie let out a gasp and looked right at me…then back at him.  (yelling) DADDY!  That is why we don’t throw in the HOUSE!  MOMMY…daddy just made a mistake.  He is throwing in the house.  But he didn’t mean to.  (I asked if Ellie if she thought he needed to go to timeout) No, daddy is sorry and he won’t do it again.

~I must say, “Do you understand me?” A LOT, because now if Ellie does something wrong this is what she says: “Mommy, I just (insert wrongdoing here) I’m sorry mommy, I understand, I understand mommy, I won’t do it again.”

~Eating is a nightmare right now with Ellie…as in, she just doesn’t eat.  So, in an effort to bribe reward her, we offer chocolate chips after she finishes a meal.  Now, she comes in and says (groaning), “Oh mommy, my tummy is just so full of _____.  (in a chipper voice) Can I have some chocolate chips now!?”  Ummm, NO!

~When she wakes up she immediately runs to tell me that she has sugar in her eyes.  It’s from the sugar fairy, so Ellie will be sweet all day long!

~I have been trying to teach Ellie how to get out of her new car seat.  (I got her the bri.tax frontier 85 and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!)  She really needed a new seat b/c she is so tall and she kept asking for a big girl seat.  Now, because I am making her learn how to get out of it on her own she tells me: Mommy, I just can’t.  I’m just small, I’m just teeny tiny still.” 

~While passing a fast food restaurant a few weeks ago Ellie asked for chicken nuggets and fries.  We were in a hurry, so I quickly replied with, “No sweetie, mommy doesn’t have money for that.”  Ellie says, “Oh, mommy, I’m so sorry I take all of your money.  It’s in my bank for college!”  HAHAHAHAHA!! 

~If I give in and let her do something out of the ordinary she gets very dramatic and says, “Oh, thank you mommy.  I love you mommy.  Thanks for being nice to me.”  Like I’m not usually nice to her!!!

 

My little Ellie is one of a kind!  A day doesn’t go by without me thanking Him for blessing me with her.  One of the greatest loves of my life!

dec2010 069

 

Blessings,

Angie

2 comments:

Meghan Lowe said...

Angie, it is Meghan Lowe. I hope you do not mind me messaging you on here but I am trying to get some information about the baby items you make and sell. I saw the Ellie Bellie Originals on here but I could not find a website or anything. I would like some information on what all you make.If you would not mind emailing me at meghanklowe@yahoo.com I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much! <3 Meghan

kristy36 said...

Hey Angie,this is Kristy! I hope we can get together soon and chat. So much is going on with our fertility issues I would love to chat with you.Plus I miss you! omg,I can t believe I saw you today at the walk. Amazing.Hope to talk soon. Kristy (george) Wisdom
krsty29@hotmail.com or 8325410008