Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Saturday, March 15, 2008

9 Months

When I found out that I was pregnant, nine months seemed like an eternity. Unfortunately, the last nine months have flown by since Bennett died.

We are still dealing with this on a day to day basis and some days it seems like yesterday, whereas others feel like ages ago. Today, on our ninth Bennett Day the weather is gorgeous! It's not too hot, there is little humidity and the sun is SHINING! Brandon is doing our yard today (it hasn't been landscaped since we had the twins!!!) and I know Bennett is right there with him. It is days like this that I can imagine my babies playing outside together and Brandon and I grilling in the back yard. The reality is that Ellie is napping, I am updating, Brandon is shoveling dirt and in a few hours we will all be sitting next to Bennett at the cemetary. I am steadily trying to redirect my thoughts towards the positive. So, I am thinking a good compromise for today will be to go and have ice cream with Bennett...we'll get Ellie Grace two scoops!

I know this site is still a work in progress. I am hopeful that I can make it as wonderful as our babysite and that maybe I'll get to bed BEFORE 4 in the morning (yes...I was up that late working on this site).

Please continue to pass the word about our March for Babies team: Team Chunky Monkey. The perfectionist in me wants to have the biggest and best team out there on April 27th!!! I really couldn't ask for a better 30th birthday gift...

No comments: