Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!


Notice the sign...story of our lives!


I so wanted to do "Not me Monday" guess it's too late for that now!

Our little chicken is chugging right along. She has never really acted sick (just a low grade fever), but that is not uncommon for her. She has a very mild case of the chickenpox and we are so thankful for that. She still has a few papules on her tummy and a few in her diaper area, but for the most part she looks great. We are on house arrest for the rest of the week, which is fine with me as long as the weather is nice enough for us to play outside. I thought it was going to be 82 and sunny today and I woke up to clouds and misty rain...work with me here Mother Nature!

We had a bit of an issue yesterday with out beloved rice(sand) and water table...errrr...it seems that rice and humidity do not go well together. Word of advice for all of you creative moms out there: In lieu of sand, DO NOT use rice if you live in a humid climate! We had MILLIONS of gnats fly out of that thing yesterday...disgusting. B came home from work and played pest control man and sanitizer to get the table up and running for today. I have decided to just make one side a water table and the other side will be for "fun play." Today we are going to use shaving cream on the other side. I thought about letting her play with play dough on that side too...any thoughts out there on what else we could do? Jenn...I know you have a million cute ideas for me! Other than that we still love our little investment!

St. Patty's Day snuck up on me. I used to love going out to the little Irish pubs on this day...my how things change once you have kids! So, my mission today is to get a great Irish recipe and test it out in the kitchen. I have never tried Guinness stew, so that is a front runner right now.

Team Chunky Monkey update: I am getting a little worried that our BIG team has turned into a much smaller one this year. Maybe some of you have just been putting off signing up (or donating) because you are like me and you do everything last minute...it's getting pretty close to last minute! We have 41 days left to make a difference. We have collected a total of $1260, which means we have $1740 left. YIKES! We really need your help here. We have booked the clubhouse for April 11th ~ our annual crawfish party. This party started as a birthday celebration years ago for my brother and me, but has turned into a "thank you" for our TCM members. We really hope to see all of you there, so make plans now! Brandon will start cooking early, so I am thinking the party will start around 2pm. I will confirm that time after I check with the chef! I am hoping to have our shirts in by then, so all of you that donated can pick them up then. Also, I am going to have our team poster there for all of you to sign. A great turnout for these two events means the WORLD to us. Thanks for all of your continued love and support!

Blessings,
Angie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang - Those are some great pics of Ellie Grace. She has such a wonderful smile. I will be emailing you today regarding some questions I have on the walk for March of Dimes. By the way the bedroom is finally done, so you will have to come see it when you get a chance between house arrest.
Love & God Bless!

The Lyons Family said...

Well, personally I'd like to have a table FULL of M&M's...but that's just me! :)

Okay - this is just brainstorming, so some thoughts may not be helpful...But here goes:

gravel, packing peanuts, birdseed, plastic beads, aquarium pebbles (very colorful!), popsicle sticks (those short ones that you use w/ mini ice-creams), cut-up straws, bottle caps (water bottles, milk jugs, coke bottles, etc.), plastic balls (maybe the little wiffle balls you use to practice golf swings), cut-up sponges, topsoil, Easter grass, plastic eggs, pom-poms, corks...

That's my best (and probably worst, too!) ideas. Good luck finding something that works for you!

Can't believe how big Ellie is. I'm dying to get to H-town for a visit with you guys! Can you believe it's been almost a year since we painted ceramics??? Feels like just a few months ago!

Sorry donations are low this year. It's tough to motivate people to give when they're dealing with financial issues. Hopefully things will pick up as the walk gets closer.

Miss you girl - hug Miss E for us!

Somer Love said...

Whip cream?

Marshmellow puff?

Slime?

Beans?

I am glad she is feeling better!