Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Monday!

Putting the coins from our garage sale into her piggy bank!

Say Cheese!

Bubba's flowers.

Playing outside...in her elmo dress!


All is well in the Kahl house!!! I am feeling 100% better and we spent a beautiful weekend together enjoying the weather and each other! Yesterday was one of the best days we have had in a long while. We decided that Ellie and I were well enough to go back to church, so for the first time in weeks we headed out...a little late...but, better late than never! The service was beautiful and Ellie was PERFECT the entire time. Every time I leave our church I am reminded of the reason we love it there so much. It puts a smile in my heart and it changes me for the week. I forget all of the burdens and pains and for one whole hour I am only reflecting on my relationship with God and the miracles He blesses me with daily. I love it...it is such a vacation for me! After church we headed off to HEB. B was going to grill steaks for dinner and we had to get some beautiful new flowers for Bennett. We got through the whole store and Ellie said, "Flowers, there for Bubba. Those are Bubba's flowers!" So sweet!

It was a beautiful day outside, so we rested next to Bennett for a while. There was a young family that just buried their baby boy and we could tell they were heavy with grief. Ellie was acting a little like a toddler toward the end of our visit, so when she got loud and started running away from us we knew it was time to go! While we were there Ellie had one of the cutest conversations. It went like this:

Ellie: Where's Bubba?
Mommy: Bubba's in Heaven.
Ellie: Oh, Bubba's playing hide and seek. (yelling) Where are you Bubba? (covering her eyes with her hands)

It breaks my heart when she does stuff like that. Yes, she should be playing hide and seek with her bubba...but, not pretending to do so at his graveside. However, I am so grateful that she loves to go to visit Bennett and she seems to have such a connection to him. She is going to make such a great big sister some day!

Team Chunky Monkey update:
Only 27 days left until the event! That's not much time friends...

I have to share this wonderful news. Yesterday, I opened a packet we received from March of Dimes while we were sitting outside. There was a magazine included for the Houston area MOD and on the first page they had the top 15 family teams from 2008. Guess who was #14 on that list...TEAM CHUNKY MONKEY!!!!! What an honor! We raised a little over $3700 last year and made the #14 team in the city of Houston b/c of all of your generosity. (I have to tell you that our friends from team So Lil were the #15 team! Their twin girls were born at 23 weeks and their precious Lily was Bennett's neighbor. Lily and Bennett are in Heaven together and Sophia and Ellie will share a special bond forever...along with curly hair!)

We would LOVE to make the top family teams list for 2009, but we desperately need your help to get there. Please forward our blog page to all of your friends and family in order to help out the tiny miracles God has planned that will benefit from the research MOD performs. We are so thankful for all of your support!

The crawfish boil is all set to go for April 11th at the Waterview Estates Clubhouse. We are looking forward to having all of you there, so don't forget to email me with the number of people in your party ~ we want to make sure we have enough mud bugs for everyone!

Blessings,
Angie

1 comment:

The Lyons Family said...

Hey Darlin! Just wanted to pop by and say howdy. Love the new photos and LOVE LOVE even more that you guys are healthy and happy! :) Much love & lots o' hugs from Denver!