Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend recap

Phew…it was a busy one! Ellie and I ran errands most of Friday and B called in the middle of the day to ask if we wanted to move the rodeo cook off to our schedule on Friday night…sure, thanks for the notice! So, I spent the second half of the day shopping for a “rodeo” style cute shirt. Not a whole lot of luck! Eventually, we made it back home and got ready in record time. Biddy is at the tail end of her sickness, so we got Blakely over to babysit.

We left our house at 6:15 and didn’t get into the cook off until about 8:30…TRAFFIC!!! It was so stinking HOT outside that by the time we power walked 2 miles from the car it really didn’t matter that I spent 4 hours looking for a cute shirt b/c I didn’t look cute anymore anyway! It was crowded and humid and by that time B and I were both exhausted. Usually, we love going to the cook off. B loves to eat and BBQ happens to be on the top of his list. There is usually a big group of friends and we spend hours having a blast together. So, to put it mildly we were disappointed this year. We look forward to going every year and we were let down. We actually left at 10:30 (we usually close the place down) and headed over to a friends house. We were sitting outside waiting for the “cold front” to blow in and sweating to death in the process! As we visited I noticed B’s head bobbing up and down. The rest of the conversation went like this:
Me: B let’s go home
B: No, I want to check this dishwasher out first

We all look around the table at each other…

Friend: B, man, I have like a 22 year old humdinger in there. Not really anything to check out.
B: looks at all of us and starts laughing…he had fallen asleep and was sleep talking!!! ABOUT WORK!!! I told you he had been working very long hours!

After a good laugh, we got in the car and I drove home! Some “party” Friday night we had!

Saturday was supposed to be as busy as Friday. On the agenda: Bridal show, B had work to do, dinner date with Ellie, Uncle Chris and Aunt Steppy.

I decided to skip the bridal show with Aunt Katie. The family hadn’t spent time together in a week and Ellie really needed to hang out with mommy and daddy together. We played and ate and then I decided to make her a fancy new dress for our date night. It turned out adorable!!! I am so pleased with the seamstress in me. Obviously, I need a little more practice, but so far so good! We all got ready for family night on the town as we had decided to take Ellie to the Downtown Aquarium for dinner. The only issue…we had played so hard all day Ellie didn’t get a chance to nap. That actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise b/c she slept the whole 1 ½ hour wait while the adults got to hang out! AWESOME timing! She woke up as soon as they called us to our table which just happened to be right next to the big aquarium. She had a huge smile on her face like she was dreaming about this underwater adventure. We all had a blast together! Spending time with Ellie, Uncle Chris and Aunt Steppy beats any other plans we could have had. Truthfully, it was the best night out we have had in a very long time…maybe ever! At the end of dinner (by the way the ambiance at the Aquarium is awesome…the food is terrible!!!) we took the train ride through the shark aquarium…it was so cool…literally! You see, the “cold front” had come in and it was actually 40 degrees and very windy…I think it made it even more fun!

Saturday turned into Sunday and it was time for daddy to get more work done. Ellie and I headed to the store because Grampy was coming over for dinner (mimi is in Denver). On the menu:
Homemade chicken enchiladas, guacamole dip, pico de gallo and salsa. I haven’t made every single bit of dinner from scratch in quite a while, so I was a tad busy for the rest of the day. However, dinner turned out great and Ellie had a blast with Grampy. Obviously, she had a lot of fun b/c here it is 11:30 am and she is still asleep!

Our appointment with the GC is tomorrow at 3:00. I am not feeling one way or the other right now b/c I feel like I asked her most of my questions last week. I do hope that she was able to get Bennett’s lab results from Women’s, b/c I am dying to know which mutation he has of mine (I am guessing along with everyone else that it is DF508). At least we can talk about getting the letter to the insurance company appealing the cost of the PGD and the reharvesting/fertilization of new eggs. We need prayers…lots of prayers!

Happy Monday!
Blessings,
Angie

2 comments:

Cara said...

Praying big time for the meeting with the GC! I hope she has the answers you are looking for and that they might be able to give you some peace.

I'm very excited to meet you at the walk in May! I wish it was under different circumstances and that the cute little baby you have prayed for would be in your belly at that time, but it's exciting nonetheless. :)

Anonymous said...

Ang - Praying for your GC appt tomorrow. It was great to see you for the few minutes this weekend in between trips to Home Depot. By the way the bedroom turned out great. Once we finish the floors this weekend you have to come over and see. Also Little miss Ellie Grace looked adorable in the outfit you made her. You did an excellent job! Talk to you soon and hopefully we can hook up for a few this week. Love, Prayers, Blessings and Angels! Amy