Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I wish...

I wish I had a different post to write tonight.

I wish I were on top of the world and writing about the double yolk egg I cracked open this morning.

I wish I had been able to sleep in this morning rather than getting up at 6am to finish work that I put off until the last minute.

I wish that my FEV1 hadn’t dropped 7% since my last visit to the CF clinic (My cystas out there will be able to tell me if that is common)

I wish I was healthy and in shape.

I wish I didn’t have to depend on one hours worth of treatments AM and PM to hopefully get my FEV1 back up to where it was. (Not complaining b/c I know many CFers do a ton more than me…it just made this a very real disease for me today…but, I am grateful that I have meds to take that can help me…just had to clarify that)

I wish I didn’t pay $12 for valet parking today.

I wish it would rain.

I wish I wasn’t alone at the doctor when they gave me Brandon’s Ambry results…he has a very rare CF mutation. (p.s686Y…Any Cystas know someone with it?)

I wish I wasn’t crying as I typed this.

I wish I hadn’t broken down into uncontrollable sobbing when she handed me the results…I hate feeling so vulnerable and weak.

I wish my doctor didn’t tell me, “Adoption is probably a better option”

I wish I could do something to get our lives out of this downward spiral they seem to be in.

I wish I had the answer as to what we should do next.

I wish adoption was going to be easy.

I just wish I could make a difference… I wish I could trust the faith I have had about our journey…but, I am questioning it. Are we making the best decisions for our family and my health? Should we risk trying to reharvest embryos and have them pre-genetically tested at Day 3? Will anyone ever choose us to adopt, love and raise their baby?

There are huge risks…but, without risk you have no reward.

Today was heartbreaking.

I have been praying and praying about these results and I was just positive they would be favorable. Heartbroken and speechless; that is what I am tonight.

I do have a little bit of good news…it’s random, but it’s good and I’m up for looking for the silver lining in every day:
I LOVE the new scentport I got from Bath and Body works…it makes my whole house smell yummy!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new Tahoe I got last week. You see, the central computer system in my Armada had a huge glitch in it and would just shut my car down randomly when I put on the brakes. Last week it happened on the frontage road of Beltway 8 and that was the last straw.
I LOVE it when Ellie tells me, “We’re best friend’s mommy!” That melts my heart!!!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Angie, I'm so sorry. I wish I knew what to say to make everything better. I don't know anything about the CF stuff, so please explain if you get more info. You are an amazing person. . .I hope you know that. Your husband and little girl seem pretty amazing too. And, Bennett. . .well, I just know he's Logan's best buddy (two of the most amazing little boys in the whole world!) Thinking and praying for you always!

Amy said...

Ang, I can't believe what I just read. My heart is breaking for you and I am crying along with you. This whole fertility ordeal we have been on together is so dang unfair! Take care of yourself and the CF and when we get home from the hospital I will try to come by so we can talk. We love you guys and we keep praying.

Lance and Mindi said...

Oh Angie, my heart is breaking for you. I think you are such an amazing and strong woman. I will continue to pray for you, Brandon and Ellie. Love and Hugs to you.

The Lyons Family said...

Sweet Friend, there are no words I could possibly offer to bring you comfort but I'll try. I haven't posted lately, but I've been keeping up w/ you, hoping and praying things would turn around. But "sometimes He comes in the clouds, and sometimes His face cannot be found...sometimes the world is dark and gray..." (Steven Curtis Chapman). So my new prayer for you is that the LORD would fulfill His promise - that He would be near to you, Brokenhearted. He's not finished w/ you yet, so keep running the race and fighting for your faith!!! I love you, Gorgeous!!!Please let me know if there's anything I can do or if you want to talk sometime. Still praying God's best for you...whatever that may be!!! BIG hugs from Denver!

Somer Love said...

I tried callin ya left ya a message! Love ya Cys!

Heidi said...

Oh no! I wrote a big long response and it disappeared!