Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Daddy’s Day!

I want to dedicate this very special 100th blog entry to my wonderful, caring, compassionate, funny, hardworking, handsome, loving, did I mention funny…husband and father of the two most incredible blessings I have ever been given.

This month marks the 9th year that B and I have been together…pretty amazing! In that time we have been blessed to create some of the most unbelievable memories. We have laughed together, cried together, planned together, and traveled together. Celebrated together, argued together and lost together. We have moved together and changed careers together. We went through infertility together, got pregnant and watched me grow…together. We lived in a hospital room together for three weeks! We watched our beautiful miracles make it into this world tiny and helpless…together. We were at the hospital with them every single day together. We were together with Ellie when she went home and we were together at home when they called us about Bennett. We were together while we planned Bennett’s last days on this earth and we were together every minute of every day after that.

T.O.G.E.T.H.E.R ~ Every step of the way.

I can’t imagine watching any one else sing lullabies to our little girl. I can’t imagine watching any one else arrange fresh flowers into a beautiful bouquet every Sunday for our baby boy. I can’t imagine my life without B.

We still joke together, we still dance together, we still pray together and we still love together.

My husband…the father of our two beautiful children…is my hero. My rock…my truth…my love.

Thank you B, for making every single day of this life worth it. You are amazing (and sometimes amazingly irritating), but the truth is you are my everything.

Happy Father’s Day to the most deserving and grateful father I have ever known.

It is my prayer to spend many more days honoring you…with many more children!!!

With all of my heart,
A

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hope you guys had a good Father's Day. My heart stopped when I went to your blog and saw it went private. Then, I got my invitation in my email and I was good again! Hope Ellie starts feeling better soon!