Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A little bit of good news!

It’s the little things in life that bring me great joy these days.

Today, I got an email from Genesis Genetics to schedule our phone consult with the doctor. It is set for September 1st. At first, I was a little disappointed that it is still a month away. The reason for the call is to give us information about the PGD and the results…and so on. So, I decided I would email the FANTASTIC genetic counselor from Genesis Genetics that is handling our case (Sarah) and ask what stage of the process we were in.

I was so HAPPY to hear that she considers there to be only two “stages” to the process before they are ready to do the actual PGD…and the scientist working on our case was already done with the first and working on the second!!! YEAH!!! So, theoretically when the doctor calls on September 1st they MIGHT actually be done with our DNA probes and we will be ready to harvest in September…meaning that we would be doing IVF in October! Light at the end of this tunnel!

I realize that this is BEST case, but seriously, I rarely get good news and that was GREAT news for me! We are getting somewhere finally! Now, I have to order our meds and get my body ready to make some good quality eggs. This low calorie diet and wogging daily better be doing the trick! Really though, I know that prayers and faith in His plan are the only things that will get us through the next few months.

On another note: I have been busy trying to get a lot of work done. Today my precious little 2 ½ year old came in the living room with what she considered her lunch. A bowl of blueberries and a bag of frosted animal cookies! I thought it was hilarious that she actually got in the pantry and fridge to get the food, but I was terrified of what else she might be able to get into now! Also, I was angry at myself for giving her enough time to actually do both of those things without me knowing! Mother of the year!!!

I am happy to report that she ended up having homemade veggie soup, croutons with dip and macaroni salad for lunch!!! All of which I prepared for her.

Blessings,
Angie

2 comments:

Amy said...

AMEN to getting some good promising news. I know you really needed to hear that. We are still praying and keeping positive thoughts that this will all work out for you guys. We have to get together soon and do dinner or something one evening, when things calm down in your world. Wait that never happens...hahaha...so when your ready just holler! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
Again, you don't know me (Martha Adkison's sister) but I have followed your blog since before Bennett passed away and we prayed for your family at that time and since. Today I write to you to ask for prayers for some of my family. Our 12 yr old niece was just tragically killed in a bus accident. She was on her way to youth camp with her church when her bus had a blowout. Maggie Lee was thrown from the bus and then trapped underneath the bus. She went to be with our Lord on Sunday evening, after 3 weeks in a coma with severe brain injury.
The faith of you and your family during your tragedy amazed me. Maggie Lee's parents, too, are very faithful and know Maggie Lee is now healed and rejoicing in Heaven. Only those who have experienced the pain of losing a child can totally comrehend what they are going through at this time. Would you mind praying for John and Jinny Henson and their son, Jack? I know the next few days, months, and years will be difficult for them and their lives are changed forever.
If you want to go to the website where her story is told, the website is
www.caringbridge.org/visit/maggieleehenson/mystory
If you read the journal entries, you will see that they are indeed faithful Christians and such an example to all of us. Thanks so much Angie!
Theresa Richardson
theresarich@juno.com

Also, we just saw someone with a Team Chunky Monkey t-shirt on last week. He was a friend of yours from school. Small world!