Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Monday, March 22, 2010

Today and test results

Today I am exhausted! I had to be up at the crack of dawn...okay, maybe not the crack, but it was the earliest I have been up in MONTHS!!! My wake up call was to come at 6:15, but I somehow managed to squeeze another 14 minutes out of the morning. I was off and in the middle of Houston rush hour by 7:15. Fun times!

I arrived at the office to collect my glucose drink and I was THRILLED to drink it b/c I was starving at that point and I needed the sugar. She told me I had only 5 minutes to drink it...like that would be hard. I'm pretty sure she was surprised that I chugged it in a matter of 1 minute! All those nights of playing flip cup really paid off!!!

The long trek upstairs to the doctor always wears me out. I was in and the first set of best news came when I stepped on the scale. I lost 2 pounds the last appointment and I haven't gained anything since, so I am up to a total gain of 12 pounds!!! Although, I will be the first to admit I look like I've gained a TON more! These arms and thighs are pretty convinced they are pregnant too! Seriously, weight gain is the last concern, but the less I gain the less I have to lose in the end...I have all of my IVF weight to add to the pregnancy weight that I will have to shed before I squeeze into my bridesmaid dress for my little brother's wedding.

I also found out that I have been configuring my weeks totally wrong for the entirety of the pregnancy. I have been two days off and I have no idea how that happened. I am 26.2 weeks pregnant and I am measuring a week ahead still.

Cullen has been hanging out right.on.top of my bladder for the last two days and I was sure I had another infection with the frequent trips I was making to the restroom. However, the doc confirmed no infection...just a very heavy little boy that loves to curl up and play bladder boxing with his mommy!

So, after the check up I flew out of the door...literally and headed downstairs for my blood work. Got to the lab and realized they didn't give me my lab slip upstairs. So, back up I went and I realized up there I left my cell phone in the exam room. Can you say flustered! After retrieving my phone and my lab slip I went back down the first floor lab only to be told I needed to head back upstairs for the other lab. Ummmm...that makes three trips upstairs! One quick blood draw and I was finally D.O.N.E! I requested that my doctor put the Ffn test as STAT, so I was anxious as I left the lab knowing that the results would be coming sometime today...with my fingers crossed.

My mom showed up to help me shop downstairs at Nine maternity for my shower outfit. Now, keep in mind I was up at the crack dawn and I had traveled up and down stairs 3 times, so shopping was the absolute last thing I wanted to do! I tried on a few outfits and ended up with "the one" probably because I was sick and tired of putting on clothes!!! I walked to the cafe down the hall, ate a sandwich and that was it for the day. At 11:30 I was in my car and on my way home.

I arrived home to find the window installer finished with Ellie's bedroom window and the painters deep at work completing the paint in Ellie's room and working in the office. Our painter is AMAZING and very inexpensive, so we decided to just have him refinish Cullen's dresser just to cross one thing off of B's to do list and it turned out perfect!!!

Side note: I am so stinking excited about the nursery! The colors are adorable. The paint is done. The crib is up. AND the bedding has been started! EEEkkkkk!!!! Thrilling I tell you!

Ellie got her very own package in the mail today and I almost cried when she opened it. My very good friend Heather, who is in the middle of her very own life altering nightmare right now, took time out of her life to order my babies the most thoughtful gift in the world. They received matching Big sister, Little brother shirt/onesie! I can.not.wait to see them in their outfits together. I love Heather and I would be so grateful if you would all offer up prayers for her and her family as she bravely fights the fight of her life...trying to beat cancer. Love you Heather!!!! Thanks for being such an awesome friend!

The next exciting event: The rest of Ellie's goodies arrived from Pottery Barn! Yea!!! So, once her shelves are up and the wall decals are on the walls her room is complete. Finally, for the first time ever my baby girl will have the room that I have always wanted her to have. I never felt like I took the time to make her room all her own because...well, after Bennett died I just didn't have it all together! So, finally we are almost done with Ellie's girly getaway.

The best news of the day came when I called the OB's office and got my Ffn results: NEGATIVE!!! Praise God, another answered prayer! The nurse said, "Now, lay down, drink lots of water and get some good sleep tonight!"

I feel relieved, but I know we still have to keep our guard up. We are one day closer and each day is a true blessing for our precious little boy. We are visiting the Peri on Thursday, so I will update with pictures and stats at that point.

I'm off to bed!

Blessings,
Angie

No comments: