Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Melts and Stretches

So, I mentioned Cullen’s dairy allergy.  In the time since we discovered this I have spent countless hours…okay, more like minutes, browsing the alternatives at the grocery stores. 

 

I found soy yogurt and for a while he was loving it.  He has since grown to love it less, but it is still a part of his weekly meal plan.

We also recently tried soy milk.  He is still breastfed, but I did want to try to transition him to at least one sippy cup of milk per day.  NOT going to happen anytime soon!  If he were parched and stranded in the desert he MIGHT drink a cup of soy milk, but not otherwise!

So, onto my most recent discovery…hence the title. 

Cheese.

Grated “cheese” to be exact.

Written on the front of the zip top bag: Melts and stretches.

Really???  Ugh!  Somehow, I don’t think that would taste anything like “real” cheese and I’m not going to be testing it out anytime soon!

So, folks, our dairy allergy having son WILL NOT be a cheese eater, unless:

1. He outgrows this as he gets older

2. He begs me to buy him a bag of “cheese” that reads: melts and stretches on the front!!

And this is what Cullen has to say about that:

1nasty

2 comments:

Lance and Mindi said...

what a handsome face!!!

Somer Love said...

He is so cute and so BIG!!!!