Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is this really happening...?

Yesterday, at 10am I was at the hospital to have my blood drawn for my second beta test. I waited impatiently ALL DAY LONG to get the call about my numbers. A beta blood test measures the amount of hcg in your blood. HCG is the hormone secreated during pregnancy and it has a doubling time of about 48 hours. At 4:30 I still hadn't received a call, so I called them. Only they had an answering machine set to say, "We are in the process of calling clients about lab results...blah, blah, blah." So, I continued to wait impatiently...until 5:45 when I finally convinced myself that my cell phone was not going to ring with a call from my doctors office. To put it mildly I was f-u-r-i-o-u-s. After venting and planning my phone call to the office first thing in the morning I gave in to my early pregnancy symptom and just went to sleep.

I was up at 8am and I was ready to make "the" call. At 8:59.59 I dialed and of course the answering service came on, so I left a very polite message. Then I continued to wait.

The wait was totally worth it though. Our beta numbers came in yesterday at 239 which is more than double our 90 from Monday and my progesteron was 79.4 ~ both are AWESOME numbers. I am SO TOTALLY EXCITED NOW!!! I was on pins and needles waiting for our second beta number and my progesterone level b/c they are both such great indicators of whether or not this is a healthy pregnancy. It finally feels real to me...not that the extreme exhaustion and other very tell tale symptoms haven't reminded me daily.

I asked when I could come in for our first ultrasound and they seem to do things completely differently than our last RE. With the twins I went in immediately to have an ultrasound and then continued to have them every few days. After much convincing I have my first ultrasound appointment next Friday at 12:15, but I know the wait will be worth it.

Many thanks for the prayers and well wishes from all of you. We feel beyond blessed and thankful. Not only to be where we are today, but to have such faithful friends and family surrounding us.

Now, I am going to relax and grow a big, healthy baby!!!

Blessings,
Angie

6 comments:

Amy said...

If I hadn't heard from you today I was coming by when I got home! This is fabulous news! I am happy beyond belief for you guys. You deserve all of Gods Blessings and the joy of having another baby. If you need anything at all, let me know. Talk to you soon and in the meantime we will keep praying! Also good news for me....no surgery! I will fill you in later! Love Ya!

Rodriguez Pix said...

Hooray! I am so glad you have great numbers and great news!!!! What a joy!

Candice said...

Woohoo! I think it'd be nice for the doctor's office staff to personally have experienced what we're going through (not that I'd wish it on anyone)... might change their perspective on things. Love the pregnancy counter, that is the one I used with my boys. :) I should add one to our blog too!

Cara said...

YAY! What an amazing blessing!! :)

The Lane Family said...

Yeah!!! Awesome numbers!!! What a blessing!!

Alli said...

That is AWESOME news!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so very happy for ya'll:) I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!!!!!!!!!!!!