Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, August 5, 2010

8 weeks old…

Really, how does two months fly by that fast?  I mean, when I was pregnant I couldn’t get two months to go by half that fast…and now that Cullen is here the time is just passing me by.

Our trip to the doctor was LONG!  2 1/2 hours to be exact.  Cullen hated the shots and screamed the entire 35 minutes home…poor baby.

Happy 2 month birthday little man!!!

cullen8weeks 

Cullen, my sweet little fat man…you are a true blessing that makes my heart smile.  The last two months have been a dream come true.  You are the most wonderful baby in the world.  (Yes, Bennett and Ellie, I did say HE was the most wonderful because…he actually sleeps at night and takes naps during the day and he hasn’t caused me 30 heart attacks in his first two months of life!)

At 6 weeks old you were 10.4 pounds! Cullen, at 8 weeks you now weigh 12.1 pounds (59%)!!!  You are 23 inches long which puts you in the 53% for length.  You are growing so fast I think you actually change from the time you wake up in the morning to the time we put you to bed at night.

You have outgrown your infant sling that fit inside of your bath tub and now you just sit in the tub like a little old man!  It is hilarious to see your big belly resting on your legs every night in the bath.  I told you yesterday that you should be ashamed of the amount of food you request daily due to your current size…you didn’t care!  You still aren’t crazy about having your hair washed, but you have so much of it that we wash it daily.  We are even drying it with a hairdryer now!  It’s hilarious!!!

cullen bath

You are now wearing 0-3 months clothes and I am really afraid that you will soon outgrow them.  I LOVE playing dress up with you.  It is fun to experiment with your clothes to see what will fit from day to day.  I have struggled with how to accessorize your wardrobe, but fear not, I have found that looking for really cool socks makes any little boy outfit a little cuter!  Your daddy put you in your brothers surf doggie sleeper last night and it looked adorable on you! 

You are in size 1-2 diapers.  I think they only sell them at Sam.s and I like them b/c you are WAY too small for size 1 diapers, but I’m pretty sure the size 2’s would still be a little large.  Then again…maybe not!

You put yourself on your very own schedule!!!  You like to sleep six hours at night, wake up to eat, get a clean diaper and then you are out for another 4-5 hours.  It’s awesome!  Then you go down for a morning, afternoon and sometimes an early evening nap.  You LOVE your sound machine.  We even have a portable one that is attached to your car seat. 

You have horrible reflux, but so did your brother and sister.  We tried preva.cid, but daddy and I don’t think it really helped you out.  We tried giving you organic gripe water and it is like a miracle drug!  You still reflux, but not as often…

You like tummy time which is fun because Ellie hated it!  Ellie loves to get on the floor of your room with you and play.

cullen tummy

At 6 weeks and a few days you really started smiling.  Now, you smile almost every time I speak to you.  You LOVE morning time and I usually get you to talk to me every 4am feed.  I love it!!!  You giggle and coo and it just melts my heart every single time.  You are so amazing!!

first smile              And look at you now!

cullen smile cullen happy

You are currently working very hard to learn how to suck your thumb.  Your brother did the exact same thing and he was eventually successful.  I will continue to shove gently place the ugly pastel green sooth.ie paci in your mouth because I know you will thank me in the long run from saving you from becoming a thumb sucker!  Although, I do think it is absolutely adorable to watch you work SO VERY HARD to get that fat little thumb in that tiny mouth!!! 

We have done so much with you and you seem to be a pretty laid back little man.  You only really cry if your pants are dirty or if you need to eat…which seems to be very often!  And there have been a few times that you have demanded to be held in the sling while I cook dinner…let’s not make that a habit!

You have been shopping and you slept in your seat while I pushed you and sister in the BOB. 

You have been to Mimi’s a million times and on our last visit I actually put your feet in the pool and you loved it!

You went on your first family vacation to Moody Gardens in Galveston.  We stayed close to home since you were only 7 weeks old, but you did great!  You were a little angel at the Palm Beach.  We rented a private cabana for the day and you just slept, ate and slept again!  You got a little grouchy when you realized they didn’t have a rocking chair, but we improvised and it all worked out.

Cullen, the last two months have been a dream come true.  I literally thank God out loud 10 times a day for you. 

I love the way you hold onto my necklace when I hold you.

I love the way your hair smells in the morning.

I love the way you talk back to me when I make noises at you.

I love how you grin from ear to ear when I tell you I love you.

I love how I can scoop you up when you are crying and you instantly stop.

I love how you look right into my eyes and I know you know how much I love you.

I love you…every single little part of you. 

You are our wonderful and perfect little miracle man.  You are what makes us complete.

All my love forever and ever,

Mommycullen ellie 

I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts He has given you...

I Corinthians 1:4

1 comment:

alli said...

So sweet:) I have blowdried Emans hair every day since his very first bath!!!!!!! My mom even git him his own little hairdryer. It's adorable!!!!!!