Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Saturday, August 21, 2010

CF clinic report


Well, we survived CF clinic!  The trip was long, but the report was good. 

 

After our weigh in, B and I came to the conclusion we will NOT have petit children!  Ellie is 38 lbs and 39 inches tall.  She is in the 75% for both weight and height!!!  Cullen is now 13 lbs and…I forgot to ask how long…boo!  She did say that he is in the 75% for weight and 50% for height!  Short and chubby…just like Ellie was as a baby!  We DO grow ‘em big!

I was under the impression they were going to start PFT’s this time, but her doctor said that she wanted to wait until after Ellie’s 4th birthday.  Ears and lungs were clear despite the sniffle Ellie came down with Thursday evening.  We talked about daily routine with the social worker, met with the nurse, doc and clinic coordinator and then it was off to the lab to have blood drawn from both of our babies.

 

After a quick trip to the gift shop to buy one of every single type of candy, we were off to the lab.  Ellie was fantastic last time and didn’t even realize they were drawing her blood.  This time was different!  However, because the nurse applied emla cream to her arm she really didn’t feel any pain, it was just a little scary to be held down by mommy and a nurse for the actual procedure.  I am pretty sure the Skittles and blow pop helped too.  I would have had B take pics, but he was busy trying not to pass out!  Cullen is ALWAYS very dramatic when it comes to his body and needles, so he was MUCH worse than Ellie!  He recovered quickly though and before we knew it (4 hrs after arriving!) we were on our way home. 

I decided that it was time for some alone time (after a super long week), so I went to have a mani/pedi with good friends and then we went to dinner!  Fun times!! 

 

Ellie still sounded a little congested, but since her CF doctor wasn’t worried I decided I would relax too. 

This morning we woke up and attended a birthday party and this afternoon we hung out with friends while daddy went to play golf.  About half way through our fun day I put my hand on Ellie’s head and discovered she had a fever!  YUCK!  So, we packed up our goodies and headed home where she is now napping on the couch. 

 

So, here we are.  EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR in August Ellie gets sick and this trend will continue until February.  It stinks, but truly this has been her trend for the last two years.  She usually ends up at the doctor about every 4 weeks and has made four trips to TCH the last two winters as well.  Not fun at all, but it comes with the territory as a CF’er I guess.  I finally got to the point where I was able to relax when Ellie got sick, but now I have my little man to worry about.  I am super stressed that he will end up sick too and I know  if he were to get a fever I would probably have a nervous breakdown!  Please pray for a quick recovery for our little princess and minimal spreading of the yucky germs!!!

 

I am just going to think of this situation with my cup half full attitude: At least this means we get to stay in all day tomorrow and relax! 

Now, I’m off to Lysol my entire house!!!

Blessings,

Angie

No comments: