Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

You know you are sick when…

You find yourself at the grocery store buying ingredients to make soup two days in a row and it is 99 degrees outside!

The smell of lysol masks the four new Hawaiian breeze plug-ins you just replaced through the house.

You wash your hands 10 times a day and follow it up with germ-x. 

Your couch has turned into a mini bed in order to not spread germs to hubby and daughter

Your AC is set on 70, but you still sweat b/c your fever broke…again.

There is a laundry back-up of towels and linens due to the vomit and number of showers you have taken to “wash the germs away”.

You forget about the calories in OJ and gatorade and drink them anyway…praying that they flush the toxins out of your system.

You are too weak to pick up your child’s infant carrier.

You pray in the elevator of the pediatrician’s office to please not vomit while you are in public.

Your usual hearty appetite is replaced with the appetite of a 2 year old.

There are Kleenex boxes, thermometers, bottles of lysol and hand sanitizer randomly placed throughout your house.

It truly looks like a tornado went through each and every room of your house b/c you don’t have the energy to pick one single item up.

 

That’s right folks…momma is sick!  Very, very sick!  Not only am I sick, but Ellie and Cullen are as well.  Thankfully, Cullen hasn’t had a super high fever, but he has been vomiting every day and refuses to be put down or to sleep alone.  Sweet Ellie woke up again this morning violently ill.   So, off to the doctor we went…again!

Diagnosis: Virus

However, because of her other symptoms and the fear that this bug will get into her lungs they also prescribed an antibiotic for her.  I started one last night too and it seemed to dry up my head, but did nothing for the achy body and weakness.  It is truly impossible to be sick with two kiddos.   Praise God, Brandon came home when I called him this morning and helped get the kids to the pedi and was able to help out with them at home.  I honestly can’t remember the last time I was this sick and I know I couldn’t have done it alone today. 

The bottom line is that I have terrible anxiety about Cullen and Ellie getting sick.  I have been so worried about Cullen getting sick because he is still so small.  UGH…it’s times like this that my demons come back to haunt me. 

I have so many commitments that I have fallen behind on already and I am stressing hard about this weekend.  I am PRAYING that I feel better tomorrow and that my babies are on the mend as well. 

 

Blessings,

Angie

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh NO! Please call if we can do anything at all. After the Dr in the morning Chris will be working from home tomorrow so holler at him if you need help with anything. Praying you get better very soon! Love ya Girl....I will text you when I get out of the Dr tomorrow morning!