Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our busy life…

Just keeps getting busier!!!

 

I remember thinking after Ellie and Bennett were born that all of the frantic rushing around back and forth from the hospital was going to wear me down.  I wished (a few times!) that I was still on bed rest, relaxing and growing those precious little ones. 

After 7 months on bed rest with Cullen I didn’t think I would EVER wish to still be stuck in that bed…however, I am wishing just that right now!

 

I’m REALLY not complaining.  I am VERY blessed to be as busy as I am with orders and I wouldn’t trade the busy life as a stay at home mommy for ANYTHING in the entire world.  It’s just a fact that there are so many hours in one day and I have too many things to accomplish in one day to get it all done. 

HOMESCHOOLING: I am starting to stress about being Ellie’s teacher and praying that I am able to teach her appropriately.  Although the plans I started writing were for five days of instruction we are going to modify that for three days of instruction (still getting it all in though).  With Cullen still so small I was on the hunt to hire someone to come in those three days to keep him.  I mentioned that to Biddy and she jumped at the idea of taking care of him while Ellie is “at school”.  God Bless her!  I am hoping it works out to have her here Tuesday and Thursday (I’ll do it alone on Wednesdays)  b/c I really do feel most comfortable having her watch Cullen.  So, just as soon as the trapezoid table is delivered, I pick up the easel I ordered from Lake.shore, and we get the room organized, we will be starting school!  Say some prayers for us!!!

 

WORK:  We have come a long way since the twins were born.  Knowing both of our personalities I can’t believe B and I took the risks we did by leaving education at the same time!  To be fair, the district TOLD me I had to either retire or come back to work only two weeks after the twins were born b/c I had already had to much time off being on bed rest.  I hated having my back up against the wall like that, but I was not going back to work with my babies laying in hospital beds and undergoing surgeries.  B left education to give our family a better shot at me being a stay at home mom and in the last three and a half years he has done just that (and he more than doubled the amount of time he gets to spend with his babies by not coaching!!!).  After Bennett died, I decided to start my business because back then I absolutely had to work.  Now, I have three great clients (stores in the Houston area) and that keeps me busier than I can even keep up with.  Now, my priorities have changed and teaching Ellie (and raising Cullen) must be the number one priority.  So, currently I am working on balancing how to teach Ellie and keep up with my commitments to the stores all at the same time.  It’s just life and it will all work out.  It’s just stressful FIGURING it out!

 

Then we have the house.  My type A personality needs to have our house orderly and clean at all times.  When it gets out of control I start to lose control!  I find myself getting up earlier and staying up later to try and get it organized, but usually I just end up spinning my wheels!

Never mind the cooking, dieting, working out, party planning and shower attending I have scheduled.

DOCTOR: Then there are the doctor visits…planned and spontaneous alike!  Two weeks ago for Cullen’s shots, this week b/c I thought Ellie had a UTI and then yesterday, Ellie woke up vomiting!  I checked my schedule and low and behold I didn’t have time for a vomiting child!  Alas, I quarantined her to the guest bathroom with her TV, movies, water color book and brush, chalk board and chalk, popsicles, juice, pedialite, and soup.  B and I took turns checking on her with me being Cullen’s primary caretaker.  FUN times!  Thank goodness that by 11 am she seemed like nothing had ever happened.  I instructed her to stay in her bedroom or the bathroom just in case it was going to strike again.  I finished a big order and took off across town to deliver.  By the time I got home that evening she was walking out of her bedroom with her bathing suit on backwards telling me she was ready to go swimming!  Then, last night, Cullen had an exorcism episode which I am thinking was reflux related and not stomach bug, but who really knows!  So, now tomorrow we are off to Texas Children’s to spend ALL DAY at the CF clinic for both of of babies.  Ellie will be performing her first PFT’s along with clinic and Cullen will be seen in clinic and then off to have blood drawn…ugh!  And, because we have so much free time I consented to Ellie participating in a denufosal medical trial in two weeks!  That will mean frequent clinic visits and treatments 3 times a day for at least a week.  Nope, that wasn’t on the schedule either, but if it means approval for the use of a drug that will help kiddos with CF in Ellie’s age group then sign us up!  

 

Well, this post didn’t go in the direction I originally planned, but purging my stresses has actually made me feel a little better!  Now I’m off to do what I really had planned for the day: kiddos, laundry, orders, ballet and then HAPPY HOUR! 

 

Look for a picture post to come soon.  Cullen has tripled in size (not really) and Ellie is growing up so fast it brings tears to my eyes!  My baby girl can actually WRITE her own name!!!  (it doesn’t always end up in a linear order, but hey, she’s got the letters down at least!) 

 

As busy at it is, our life is great!  I wake up daily thanking my God for the path he has chosen for our lives.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

Psalm 32:8

 

Blessings,

Angie

No comments: