Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Our little Champ

I’ve talked to several mom’s lately about how to choose the right activities for our kiddos.

It’s tough, because I want to give Ellie and Cullen as much experience as possible with all activities they show interest in so that when they are old enough to declare a favorite they will have the skill base needed to be successful. 

My question is: How do you do that without…

a) going insane with the crazy schedules associated with said activities

b) going broke b/c kids activities are not cheap!  Especially when you have more than one child!

We (I , since I am the chauffer most of the time) like to have three activities during the school year for Ellie and two for Cullen. 

For the 2011-2012 school season Ellie competed in co-ed soccer (Never again!!!), gymnastics and volleyball…as well as paint lessons in the fall.

Cullen was in gymnastics and soccer.

Typically, Ellie is also in dance.  I have looked and looked for a good dance studio near our new house.  I was just so put off by the politics of our last studio that I am really trying hard to do my research before we get involved again.  So, we are still looking…

The one new activity for Ellie that she really loved and was so great at this year was volleyball.  We are super lucky to have a club volleyball facility near our house which made our decision to sign her up that much easier! 

This is our little champ at her first tournament.  They won first place!!

2volley

3volley

Dear Ellie and Cullen,

We are so proud of all your achievements and milestones.  You are both growing so quickly and watching you compete in activities is just pure joy for your daddy and me!  Ellie, we are so proud that you are starting to make your own choices for extra activities and we will do everything in our power to make it possible for you to experience new things that interest you.  You were such a natural volleyball player and even the other parents commented on your “skills”. You have finally mastered the cartwheel and painting remains one of your favorite fun things to do.  Cullen, you are a little showman!  From yelling, “Geronimo” into the foam pit at gym to screaming “boom” when you kick the soccer ball and following it up with “goal” you never leave us without a good laugh. I honestly can’t wait to see what God has planned for the two of you!!

With all my heart forever,

Mommy

No comments: