Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A two-fer

I love going to the pedi’s office.  I mean they always greet me with the sweetest smiles.  We always make small talk about life.  They talk to the kiddos and tell them how cute they look. 

Basically, we visit the pedi WAY TOO OFTEN!  (I have been every week except last week for over a month)  I guess the upside to visiting often is that we do get treated so nicely by all of the other staff.  The downside is obviously the drive and the creepy valet staff there. 

Monday was nice because it was a “two-fer” day.  It was Cullen’s scheduled two year check up, but Ellie had developed a very, very bad cough, so our pedi saw her too.  Love it when I don’t have to make a separate appointment time or trip back up there!

So, this week Ellie was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection.  Poor baby sounds terrible, but she is on steroids and an antibiotic now, so hopefully by next week we will be back to normal around here. 

Cullen was such a big boy for his check up.  Our doctor came in and asked him some questions:

Dr: Hey, Cullen! 

C: Hi Dr. B

Dr: How old are you now?

C: Two

Dr: What did you do for your birthday?

C: Ate cake…and swimming

Dr: What did you bring with you today?

C: My trucks.  My purple emergency truck with yellow “quares”  

Dr: (looking at me with raised eyebrows) Wow, that is awfully descriptive

C: weeee-ooooo-weeeee-oooooo (his interpretation of an ambulance sound)

Needless to say, she was very impressed with his verbal skills.  She said she would consider him above and beyond at this stage of development.  He has an “Amazing” amount of knowledge for his age according to her.  He did count for her and then proceeded to put his verbal skills on further display as he argued with his sister over who was going to sit in the orange chair! 

At his 2 year check these are his stats:

height: 36 in (75%)

weight: 27.4 (35%)

I asked how in the world there could be such a discrepancy between his CF clinic height and their height measurement.  She said to expect some difference, but since he was in the 35% for height at clinic and the 75% with them that it’s safe to say he is probably somewhere in the middle. 

We will take it!  He is growing and that is all that matters.

2yr check

Another fun day with my little angels. 

 

This week has been full of classroom decorating and curriculum organizing.  Fingers crossed I will get it all DONE today!  I would love to use next week as assessment and review week and start school the following week.school

Dear Cullen,

You are so amazing to us in every single way.  You bring a smile to my face 100 times a day.  You are ornery, smart, adventurous and so loving.  I am so thankful for these last two years with you and I can’t wait to see your personality grow!  Your must say my name a million times a day and your daddy laughs at the way to do it.  I want you to know it is music to my ears (almost) every single time I hear it.  You are momma’s pride and joy, little bud bud. 

I love you,

Momma

No comments: