Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Birthday, Snuffy!

Our little girl is seriously attached to her little cat she named Snuffy.

Precious snuffy has been a part of Ellie’s life for as long as I can remember, but it wasn’t until the last year that Ellie truly fell in love with her.

Snuffy is Ellie’s second best friend…next to me of course! 

Recently, Ellie told me this story in the car:

E: Mommy, I know how Snuffy came to me.

Me: Oh really, how is that Ellie?

E: Well, Bennett sits on the clouds in Heaven and he knows all about me.  He is kind of like Santa, so he made Snuffy just right and perfect for me to love and he dropped her down the chimney.

Me: You are absolutely right Ellie!  (I mean what do you say to that???)

Then a few weeks later she told me a very sad story about how Snuffy also had a brother that died.  UGH!  It is so heartbreaking to listen to these stories, but we focus on the highlights like now Snuffy has an angel that watches over her too. 

Like any other member of the family it came time to celebrate Snuffy’s birthday a few weeks ago.  So, as any other loving mother would do I bought cupcakes, themed plates for the kiddos, and got a candle.  Ellie made cards, Mimi bought new outfits and we had a true blue birthday party!  Complete with song and all! 

Now, evidently Snuffy has met the cat of her dreams because I got wind of a supposed wedding.  We intervened and I think the wedding has been put on the backburner for a while.  Lord, help me!  This girl and her imagination at age 5 makes me nervous for what it will be at age 10.

Snuffy also recently lost an eye.  Our world stopped turning for a minute until I promised we would find a new one and have it attached.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate the EXACT eye and nothing but the same will do for Mommy Ellie.  Fortunately, we have a doll hospital near our home, so I see a trip there in our very near future. july2012 009july2012 007

The proud mommy with the birthday cat

july2012 049july2012 047

july2012 046july2012 043

Cullen enjoyed celebrating with Snuffy

july2012 037july2012 015

Reading her birthday cards

july2012 027july2012 023

 

Fun times were had by ALL!

july2012 030july2012 024

Ellie,

You did such a wonderful job planning Snuffy’s birthday party.  She is so special to you which makes her a special part of our family.  We look forward to celebrating many more birthday’s with your little kitty cat in the future. 

No comments: