Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mommy and me, no more

We made another step out of “baby-hood” this week. 

Cullen moved up to big boy gymnastics on Wednesday.  It was so surreal to see my baby boy in the big gym without me helping him with warm up. 

He isn’t typically a clingy little guy, but to be fair he really isn’t ever without me, so he has never had an opportunity to display that type of behavior.  It was a bit of a rough start in big boy gymnastics because he was having a little separation anxiety.  Thankfully, his favorite coach was in there to help out with the transition, but it was a rocky one. 

Exhibit A: It took two coaches to keep him from running to the door to get me.

classroom 2012-13 036

(this cracks me up: when they ask him to walk with his hands behind his back he always looks like a criminal)

classroom 2012-13 040

waiting his turn

classroom 2012-13 039

It didn’t take him too long to get with the program!

classroom 2012-13 038

He really got with it when they went into the foam pit and really loosened up on the bars ~ where he started to show off!  His best little friend Jenny is in there with him and I know they will really love being big kids every Wednesday. 

In other big boy news…our little turkey is in little under-roo’s!  Oh how cute that little turkey tush is in size xxs Gap briefs!  I do not trust him in public yet, so we still do a pull on diaper for outings and he sleeps in them at night too. 

Proving his “turney-ness” this morning:  Cullen was looking at me with the “I am doing something I know I shouldn’t be doing” eyes.  I asked him if he went potty in his pull up and he said, “YES!”  Then he crossed his legs in a standing position and told me “I keep it!” 

I laughed inside, and tried really hard not to on the outside.  What a B.O.Y!

Here is our little man with his “baby” it is a blanket that he has been carrying every.where!  I asked him if we could call it a blanket and he gave me a stern NO, and told me it was his baby!

classroom 2012-13 034

My little man,

Oh, how I am dying inside as you make all of these transitions out of baby-hood.  You are so awesome and amazing in every way and I am very proud of these transitions, but it is a little stab in my mommy heart to see you growing up.  I love my little bud bud, but I fear you will be a very big boy before we know it!  

I love you forever and always!

Momma

No comments: