Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ellie LOVES Cullen

I should have started keeping a record of the adorable things Ellie says and does for Cullen.  Here are a few that I don’t want to forget:

*When we brought home the ultrasound pictures to show her that the baby in mommy’s belly was a boy we also brought home a few cute outfits and some BLUE blankets.  This is what Ellie said:

E: You brought a surprise for me?

Me: Yes, you are going to have a little brother!!!

E: (looking at the two boy outfits) REALLY…two baby brothers for ME!!!  Oh, thank you mommy! 

Me: No, sweetie.  Only one baby brother and these are HIS two new outfits. 

E: Okay…I go get my baby brother (she proceeds to bring me her baby doll b/c she thinks the baby brother outfits are for her doll!)

After a little conversation about how the clothes and blankets are for the baby she refused to touch her favorite pink blanket and would only settle for a new blue one wrapped around her baby doll.

*About a week ago we were laying in bed together and I had my hand on my belly b/c I could feel Cullen moving. 

E: Oh, mommy does your tummy hurt?

Me: No, sweetie your brother is moving around in there.

E: Oh, can I feel him?

Me: Sure!

E: (takes one tiny finger and draws a straight line on my stomach) Ohhh…he is so nice.  (then she begins to talk to him in her sweet maternal voice) Hi Cul-wen, what are you doing?  Ahhh, you are so sweet…I love to snuggle with you.

* The other night I told B to hurry and put his hand on my tummy because I could feel Cullen kicking on the outside.  Ellie was right by us and said she wanted to feel.  So, she put her hand on my stomach.

B: Ellie did Cullen kick you?

E: (looks at daddy with a concerned look on her face) No, he doesn’t kick me

Me: (glaring at B) Um, no sweetie Cullen didn’t kick you b/c that is not nice.  But, did you feel him give you a high five?

E: Yeah!  (laughing)

*Yesterday Ellie and I were tucked in bed and she said:

E: Mommy I love to snuggle you and Cullen…can I lay in your nest?  (she refers to my spot in bed as “the nest” probably b/c I NEVER move from it!) 

Me: I would love for you to snuggle Cullen and me in our nest!

E: Can I touch him?

Me: Sure you can touch him…he loves you!

*A few days ago we were talking about how Cullen has to live in my tummy until he can grow big enough for Ellie to feed him with a bottle and play with him. 

E: Cul-wen is in mommy’s tummy and Bubba is outside.

Me: What is Bubba’s name?

E: Bennett

Me: Why is he outside?

E: (laughing) He is outside and with the big flowers.  Bennett loves flowers.

Me: (choking back tears) Yes he does.

*Yesterday, Ellie came running into our bedroom with a piece of paper.  She was yelling:

E: Mommy!!!!  Look what I made for Cul-wen!

Me: (looking at the picture she had drawn) That is so sweet Ellie.  He will love it! (after I inspected the paper further I realized that she had gotten it from Brandon’s office!!!  And she found MARKERS!!!  I immediately called for Biddie to make sure she didn’t get into the office again to collect any more of Dad’s papers and to please put the dry erase markers far away from her little hands or at least make her sit at the glass table with them!!!)

I absolutely love being pregnant and having Ellie old enough to be such a part of all of it.  It is such a blessing to see her face and how excited she is about Cul-wen Spencer!

Blessings,

Angie

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those are definitely some priceless memories you have there. Ellie is the best sister ever we already know that and she will be an even better big sister. Those stories just melted my heart today! Loved it. We are still praying like crazy and I know Cullen will be here on time and perfectly healthy! Love ya!

The Lyons Family said...

Okay, so I've totally been on the fence about having #2, but this post completely won me over! How precious! Makes me wonder how Jake will act if God chooses to bless us with another little one. He's very sensitive and nurturing, so probably the same way. Can't wait to experience that! Thanks for sharing!