Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, January 7, 2010

speed bump...

Well, I was hoping this wouldn't happen...but, today we (I) hit a speed bump.

I was having some back cramping yesterday. That is always a little concerning, but having been pregnant before I know that it is perfectly normal. However, I woke up this morning with cramping that was painful enough to actually cause me to feel super sick to my stomach.

I immediately called my doctor and here is my plan:
Bathroom and shower privledges only
Extra strength Tyl.enol every 4 hours
Ven.tolin every 6 hours (this is used as an "anti-contraction" medicine and I will take it from now on...until we switch to a stronger one around 20 weeks)
Tummy control from either a maternity belt or support hose

This is easy to do and believe me I will be following their orders to the T.

The difficult part is managing the fear. How fitting that I am in the middle of reading Fearless...

The only way to conquer fear is to lift your worry up to the Lord. I would be so grateful if you would pray for my body and for our little growing baby. You all have been so faithful to our family in offering up prayers and we thank you. This is another one of those "prayer warrior" times!

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble"
Psalm 46:1

Blessings,
Angie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, you are in my prayers!!! (((hugs)))

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Hang in there girl! So sorry to hear of this hiccup. Stay strong and brave, your faith will see you through!

Amy said...

We are praying for sure. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you guys with! God will see you through I am confident. Love ya!