Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Monday, January 11, 2010

FREE AT LAST!!!

Well, I lied to all of you when I said I was better Friday morning. It seems the demons didn't really rear their ugly heads until Friday night and then a few times on Saturday, but I am so happy to report that whatever I had is now G.O.N.E!!!

Once I got to feeling better the rest of the weekend flew by! It's amazing how fast your time can go even on bed rest...not ALL the time, but most of the time it goes pretty fast. Ellie loves to watch Dis.ney movies right now, so we cuddled up in the bed and watched a few new movies that she bought herself with her birthday gift cards. I just have to mention how disappointed I am in the movie Pin.occhio. The language is terrible and the kids are smoking while they play pool! I get that there is a bigger message, but the 3 year old doesn't get the "bigger message" she gets the language and the visual picture they paint for her. We will be discarding "Pidokeyo" just as soon as I can pry it out of the DVD player. Note to parents: Don't waste money on Wall-e or Pin.occhio...they are no good!

My body is doing a better job with the meds. The shaking has just become a part of my life, but the headaches are still bothersome. Small price to pay for a calm uterus though.

So, today I got out of the house for the first time in 2 weeks and out of bed for the first time in 4 days!!! I had my CF clinic and it was so awesome to see my doctor and have some adult conversation! She is so awesome and positive and it is really like visiting with a friend more than going to see the doctor. I am doing well and I think (I didn't bring my paperwork in) my FEV1 only dropped 1-2%. They expect change during pregnancy, but I have maintained really well. Their scale said I gained weight, but I told her it was a lying! I couldn't have possible gained any weight with as sick as I have been in the last few days! It's funny b/c the CF clinic is the only doctor that ever gets excited about you gaining weight. The dietitian visited and told me I need to eat more protein. I have zero desire to eat any meat and she didn't like the sound of that. I have some news...I won't be eating meat anytime soon, but I am happy to triple the spinach intake and add in some peanut butter.

Now onto the exciting news. I LOVE MONDAYS!!! Today I am 16 weeks pregnant with this little miracle! Not only that...but, tomorrow we go to the high risk doctor and I am praying that they will get to peek at the gender of the baby. I can't wait to have a name, so we can pray for him/her by name rather than by "baby." It's funny because we have so many people that say, "Oh, wouldn't it just be perfect if it were a little boy." You know what...we have a little boy. We raise him in our hearts every single day and he made our family perfect over 3 years ago. We want a HEALTHY baby...one that we can bring home with us from the hospital. Boy/Girl...we don't care at all!

Knowing the gender will also mean that I can REALLY start researching fabrics for the nursery and I know that will pass the days even faster! I have received a few opinions from people that we should wait until viability to look at anything, but you know what...I am not going to let the fear of losing this baby steal my excitement about planning for him/her. Plus, I am really anal and I know what I want/don't want in most baby products this time around. I plan on doing a ton of research on twin strollers and a new crib. Other than that...it's just fun to look! I thought I wanted the BOB twin stroller, but it only comes in orange or navy and I don't love either of those colors...so, the search for another twin jogger continues. Has anyone ever used the Tike Trek?

So, the week is off to a fun start. Tomorrow will be great because we get to see our little one on ultrasound and Friday my best friend and her family are coming to stay overnight. I am thinking this week will fly right on by!

If you think about us tomorrow will you please send up a small prayer that all goes well with our ultrasound tomorrow. I get nervous every time I go in for an ultrasound because you never know what they will find! Please pray for a good cervix and a healthy baby!

Happy Monday!
Blessings,
Angie

2 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Glad to hear a good report. BOB makes a beautiful red twin revolution but it's called stroller strides, look on the web for it. My parents got one this summer and I wished I'd found it before I got my navy one. But that said I still LOVE mine despite the color, it's THE best twin stroller I have Ever owned and I wish I got it sooner. They make a piece to attach an infant carrier too.

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

The other good thing about the stroller strides one is it comes with the double cup holder and zipper pouch attachment so you actually save some money not having to buy it separately. We used the stroller strides one the whole time we were in CO and it's identical to ours it just has stroller strides logo on it where it would normally say BOB.