Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Friday, January 8, 2010

Which came first???

Okay, today is SO.MUCH.BETTER than yesterday! I can actually talk today b/c the pain is tolerable ~ which is huge progress from yesterday.

Thank you dear friends for sending all of those prayers up for us!!!

So, I kind of feel like what happened yesterday is similar the chicken and the egg...you know the age old debate of which one came first.

I don't know exactly what happened yesterday. My back was cramping HORRIBLY and it was wrapping around to my stomach, but not my lower abdominal area it was more in the pit of my stomach. So, I can't decide what was really hurting first and causing the other to hurt. Was my back cramping so badly that it was causing me to feel physically ill? Or did I have a stomach bug that was causing me to have body aches...in my back? I don't really know.

I do know that it all got worse before it got any better. At 7:30 last night I was ready to go to the hospital because the "poison" feeling in my stomach was almost too much to handle. I was scared because the day my water broke with Bennett and Ellie I had TERRIBLE stomach cramps and intestinal cramping...and then BAM! my water broke. So, you can never assume that it is just a little stomach bug.

Anyway, at 3:30 yesterday I started the Ven.tolin...and can I just say I was not prepared for the side effects AT ALL! I knew I might feel "jittery" and let me just say that was an understatement. About 30 minutes after the first pill I was nearly convulsing on the couch and my heart was racing faster than Danica Patrick's car at the Indy500! At the end of the 6 hours I started to feel like an alcoholic detoxing...shaking and the worst headache E.V.E.R!!! I am now taking 2 extra strength Tyl.enol at the end of the 6 hour time span. It was an interesting experience...but, I will take that over preterm labor ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

I take the medicine every 6 hours which meant my next pill was right at bedtime...what a laugh! I did figure out that if I eat it helps a little...but, not much. I slept for about an hour and a half before the next dose at 3:30 and then I was up until 6am.

Thankfully, I have a very good friend that has been through this and she says these symptoms will only last a few days as my body adjusts to being a drug addict! It really kills me to take medicine at all...especially during pregnancy. I am praying that all of this will benefit our little miracle in the end.

So, we meet with the Peri on Tuesday...PRAISE GOD! I am looking forward to a cervical check (who says that???). I want to make sure the cramping and tightening yesterday didn't do any damage to an already cranky cervix.

I am beyond grateful for the prayers and encouraging words. I am scared to death, but trying not to dwell on the fear. I have a long way to go and while I am praying that was our last hiccup...realistically it might not be.

Thank you a million times for the prayes and please hang in there with us. Knowing we have so many prayers going up gives me so much peace.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power."
Ephesians 6:10

Blessings,
Angie

1 comment:

Somer Love said...

praying and thinking of you! miss ya too! Xo