Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Monday, February 22, 2010

A bit of a rough patch

It’s on strike…my uterus I mean.  It has decided to take a vacation in the middle of trying to grow a baby.   Bad timing?  YES!  I am mad and scared and I would really appreciate ALL of your prayers and support right now. 

My contractions have increased.  For the last few days I am averaging 2/hour.  That isn’t the end of the world yet, but it is a downward spiral from where we were a week ago. 

My fight scares me because it is life or death for our little boy…again.  I am going in to the OB tomorrow morning and they will do a cervix check and do a Ffn swab test.  This test will tell them if I am in immediate danger of delivering Cullen in the next two weeks.  I will have this Ffn test run every 2 weeks from now on as long as I am pregnant.  They increased my meds through the terb pump again today, so I am praying that it will make a difference for my body. 

Not an ideal situation to be in at 22 weeks pregnant.  I am hopeful (through the fear) because I have known several women in my situation and with a lot of medical intervention they have been able to keep babies cooking a little longer.  It might mean a hospital stay for the duration of my pregnancy…we won’t know for sure until we meet with the doctor and get the results from the tests. 

In the meantime, can all of you that stop by to read PLEASE take a small minute to say a prayer for me during this time.  The last few days have been full of fear and tears.  I never wanted to fear for another child’s life like this and here I am…praying and begging God to just get me through these rough days and allow us to bring a healthy baby home.  It’s a tough spot to be in.

I will update tomorrow after our appointment, but I probably won’t have any answers until Wednesday.

Blessings,

Angie

7 comments:

Cara said...

Praying, praying, praying!

The Lyons Family said...

Jason and I always say (in the midst of "drama") "It can never be easy, can it?" Oh girl, I'm so sorry that it just never seems to be easy for you. We will be praying! Praying for NO MORE contractions, praying for supernatural peace, praying for Cullen to keep cookin', praying for B & Ellie.

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being," ~ Eph. 3:14-16

Love you, girl!

Unknown said...

I'm Biddy's friend Beverly from Quail Valley Elem. days. I've been following your family for quite some time now, and I love your family. You can count on my fervent prayers! Biddy, I'm praying for you too.
Love,
Bev M.

Jodi said...

Oh Angie. . I am thinking and praying for you and your family. This is just not fair and cannot be happening with this precious little baby. Many prayers that Cullen will remain for many many more weeks. Please keep us updated. Praying, praying, praying, praying. . .

Rodriguez Pix said...

praying praying praying!! Hang in there Mama and Cullen!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Praying for you Angie!! I'm so sorry your having these scary complications. Praying for your cervix to stay long and your contractions to stay away and that your body can stay healthy.

Hang in there girl, you are doing everything you can.

The Lane Family said...

Lots of prayers coming your way. This happened to us at 21 weeks with our twin girls and with in and out hospital stays, terb, magnesium sulfate and A LOT of praying we got them to 35 weeks :) Let's pray for that :)