Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

28.4 weeks!!!!

MILESTONE week!!!  Yes, all of my doctors and nurses consider this week a HUGE milestone week for Cullen and they seem to have taken a breath of relief.  I, however, have not taken a deep breath, yet.  I have delivered and seen 28 weekers with my own two eyes and I know what *real* issues can arise.  I have wanted to get past this week from the moment we found out we were pregnant and I can’t tell you how excited I will be on Saturday when I hit the 29 week mark!  I feel as if I am getting greedy because now I won’t be able to relax until 30 weeks and then I know I’ll up it to 32 weeks and so on.  I guess that is just me being a mom though.  Really, when is “good enough” ever good enough for our children…hopefully, NEVER!

Quick recap of the end of last week:  B and I had a date night on Friday…to Women’s hospital…AGAIN!  I had a little *ahem* leaking issue and that is an automatic admission to the hospital to check for ruptured membranes.  As we passed the board in L and D I saw my name and the letters SR next to it ~ suspected rupture.  My heart did stop for a quick second, but in my gut I knew there really wasn’t anything to worry about.  We were admitted, cleared of any issues and discharged in a matter of 2 hours.  We decided that I am just stocking up on frequent visitor miles, so that when it comes time to REALLY deliver Cullen I can upgrade my room to a super swanky suit!!! 

Easter Sunday, was a little different for us…but, the last 5 months have been a little different!  B took Ellie on an Easter egg hunt Saturday and she had a blast with friends.  Then, Sunday, the Easter Bunny came and left  TON of goodies for our little girl and she got to visit her BFF, Adds.  I even got a basket full of goodies from the old bunny!!! 

Monday, we went to the OB and no major issues came up.  Then again…the only weigh me, measure my tummy and have me pee in a cup, so that doesn’t really lend itself to discovering any major issues!  They read the report from the peri and are VERY impressed with the size of this baby boy growing in my belly.  He was in the 69% at 27 weeks and we go back tomorrow for the next check with the peri.  I did have another Ffn and it was negative, so in reality I am 99.9% not going into labor for 7 days (from Monday) which is reassuring.  I did have 9 contractions on my strip Monday afternoon which was NOT reassuring.  We were threatened with the hospital again, but by the next morning my uterus had relaxed and the last two days have been pretty “normal” for ME. 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:  28 weeks and 4 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Seriously, still only 12 pounds!  I don’t know why I look so huge when I really haven’t gained much weight. 

Maternity Clothes:  Yes…God Bless maxi dresses!!!

Best Moment this week:  Still being pregnant!  I will get my breast pump in the mail tomorrow and 2 more NEW dresses to wear!  Also, B is hosting our Crawfish boil on Saturday for our Team Chunky Monkey team.  Oh, and aside from the bedding and a few decorations Cullen’s room is almost done.  Clothes are ready to be washed and hung up.  We even have the diapers ready for the basket!

Gender: It's A Boy – Cullen Spencer!

Movement: Yes, and it is AMAZING!  Cullen is a BIG BOY and it is truly amazing to feel his every move.   

Food Craving: Three words: Natural Vanilla Bean!!!  I typically HATE ice cream, but I can’t seem to get enough of the creamy goodness that is Blue Bell NVB!!!  Also, thanks to Julie I have decided to keep indulging in my fresh fruits because her doctor told her that studies have shown that fruit helps strengthen the amniotic sac…hello fruit salad!  I found out I am now anemic, so my “meatless” diet now has to include red meat.  Huge transition for me. 

What I miss: I miss being a great mom and wife.  I want to be the one responsible for taking my little girl to all of her classes and taking pictures at her first soccer game.  I also want to be able to make dinner for my husband after a long day at work and rather than giving him a list of “to do’s” I would like to let him take a break.  Only 7 more weeks baby!

Sleep:  Dr. K decided that I needed to get better sleep.  I tend to contract more when I have sleepless nights, so he gave me something to take a few nights a week and it really helps.

What I am looking forward to:  We go back to the peri tomorrow and I can’t wait to see how big Cullen is.  I can’t wait to be out of the 20’s and into the 30’s! 

Belly Button/Stretch Marks: Still and innie, but getting tight around the edges.  I have a ton of stretch marks…whatever!!

Interventions: Terb pump 2.5ML Q4, pro.cardia 20 MG at 9, 3 and 9pm and monitoring at least once/day.  17P on Thursday’s, Lovenox once/day. 

Contractions: I always have contractions…a lot of them!

Prayers: That I can make it for at least another few weeks at home!  That Cullen’s heart, lungs, brain and eyes are maturing and that he is plumping up!  That my cervix stays closed despite the many contractions my body puts up with daily…and that my contractions slow down with the new meds I am on!

I continue to thank all of my friends and family that spend so many hours thinking and praying for us.  We have come a long way and in reality we only have 7 MORE WEEKS TO GO! 

Team Chunky Monkey: We are nearing the end of fundraising and I feel terrible b/c I don’t feel as if I have done my job to the fullest this year.  There is still time to donate and the SMALLEST donation really can help make a big difference to so many.  Please, if you can, click on our purple fundraising bar to the right and make a donation.  Every $1 counts and is appreciated!!!

Blessings,

Angie

28.4 side 28.4 front

Week by week:

20weeks 23w5d 28.4 side

1 comment:

Thomas and Jamie said...

WOO HOO!! You made it! Way to go momma!! Again, I hope it's not weird that I'm commenting...just following along with your story and praising the Lord that you're doing this well!!