Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One day at a time…

11 days since my last post…I simply can’t believe it!  I have a lot to update on, but I will try to do it memo style to save time!

I’ll start with last Tuesday, when I was hospitalized for the…ummmm…4th time.  I was experiencing:

- a small amount of bleeding

- pressure with each contraction (like waves of pressure)

- 13 contractions in 30 minutes

- I sure did cry and tell B that I was sure I couldn’t do it any longer and our little man was going to be delivered…it was a horrible night.

- Took 2 demand doses and had one scheduled dose and took off for the hospital.

- Admitted and checked.  The nurse told me I was 50% effaced and it felt like I had 1.5CM of cervix left.   I was terrified and B was sleeping in the recliner!

- My Ffn was negative!

- At 3am I had only had 3 contractions according to the nurse, so they were SENDING US HOME…at 3AM…with a husband that was dead asleep in the chair across the room!  I was furious…but, glad to be going home to my baby girl!

Wednesday:

- My scheduled peri appt…he looked at me funny when he walked into the room and said, “I thought you were in the hospital…”  He seemed irritated that they discharged us at 3AM…whatever!

- Cullen scored 8/8 on his BPP

- Cullen was weighing in at 3 lbs 8 oz…I won the weight estimate again with a DEAD ON guess.  The doc and B have some man code they are in on and he even went back in to see if he could get closer to B’s guess, but mommy still won!

- Good looking placenta.

- No dynamic change in the cervix and it was measuring 3.9CM….WHAT???  That is the longest he has ever measured my cervix by transabdominal u/s…very interesting.  I questioned him, but he was sure about his findings.

- Doctor ordered me to stay pregnant for another week…AT HOME and we would reevaluate my situation in one week.

The rest of the week went well.  We changed the terb site and thought that maybe my left leg was not absorbing the meds like it should  which was causing all of my problems.  We were told to try a new site in my back/love handle area.  Even though I am big…my stomach is stretched so far that I really don’t have love handles, so it hurt like CRAZY, but I took it like a champ.  The weekend went okay (keep in mind that I contract pretty regularly, so when I say okay I mean I was probably having 4-6 contractions/hour).  However, Sunday was very exciting!!!  Sunday morning, Cullen’s bedding was delivered and set up my the truly talented Donna and it looks AMAZING!  I love every.single.part of his bedding!  The colors, fabric combination and quality of the work are outstanding.  (I will post pics asap)  I ordered 3 more fabrics, a rug and some decorations today.  We still have to hang up his pictures and shelves and buy a mirror and a few more goodies.  Our next delivery will include his glider seat covers, more pillows, and changing table covers and we will be as complete as we are going to be until I can get out to shop for a few accessories!  I want to make a lamp shade for him and I need a cute side table to sit next to his glider.  I want something with a shelf on the bottom, so it doubles as book/toy storage as well as a table. 

Monday was pretty good (5 contractions on my strip) and I knew I was going to the doc on Tuesday, so I wasn’t overly stressed.

Tuesday was our OB appt:

- She (our doc) walked in and said, “Well, it’s pretty clear you won’t complete your pregnancy at home…you will going to the hospital at some point we just want to wait as long as b/c you have Ellie at home.  (nothing like starting on a positive note!)  Side note: I would rather know when I am going to be hospitalized, have a Mag drip and try to be sent home a few days later than go week to week wondering if that is THE day they are going to admit me…it’s exhausting to live out of a hospital bag and drag them back and forth to every appt.

- I gained 4 lbs…so, I’m up to 16. 

- Urine and blood pressure look good.

- I am measuring 35 weeks pregnant!!!  Holy huge belly!  (The peri discovered an increased amount of amniotic fluid last week, but he said that is to be expected with a baby THIS size!)

- We scheduled my csection for June 4th at 1:30!!!

- Then she checked my cervix: I am dilated 1 finger tip below the cerclage, but above it felt firm to her still.  That totally stressed me out!  Dilating at all is not what I wanted to hear, but we go to see our Peri tomorrow, so if I am effacing at all I am sure he will make some major changes. 

- The OB did throw in the fact that she “thinks” I will make it to my delivery date with some mag and bed rest…that would be a huge blessing.  I would be thrilled to deliver at 35 or 36 weeks and still bring this little guy home with us.  God will choose what is best for our little miracle.

So, that is the fast version.  Like I said, we visit the peri tomorrow and he is always the “big” appt we look forward to each week.  I will do another quick update when we return home!  I’ll leave you with these two pics…yes, I am wearing the same dress as in my last pic ~ I aim for comfort these days!  Also, the pic of Cullen was taken with my phone, so it is very blurry! 

(if you look at Cullen’s head you can see his hair line on the left side…he is going to have lots of hair!)

30 week side cullen 29 weeks

Blessings,

Angie

2 comments:

Brenna Taylor said...

Thank you for the update! I was getting worried! Hang in there - you are almost there!!!

Elizabeth Singletary said...

So glad to hear things are going well...I too was worried! As always we are keeping you and Cullen in our prayers. Take care of you!