Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, April 22, 2010

30.5 Peri update

As promised, here is the update from today. 

Our doctor walked in and said, “I was just talking about you with Dr. LR (OB) and she asked me if I could believe you were still pregnant.”  Well…that’s a good feeling.  When your OB is joking with your peri about you still being pregnant at 30 1/2 weeks.  Makes me wonder if they REALLY think I am going to make it!   

- Cullen is HUGE!!!  He weighs 4 lbs 5 ounces, is in the 76% and is still measuring 10 days ahead of his due date. (Ellie weighed 4.10 the day she came home!!!  At 6 weeks old…which was 34 weeks corrected age!!!)

- No signs of CF based on how the bowel looks on ultrasound.

- Cervix was back down to 3.0…no bueno!  But, Dr. K said he wasn’t worried about that at all.  If it gets to 2.0 or 1.5 he said it is time to worry.  I am of the mind to worry a little now and then when it does get down that low I’ve already prepared myself a little! 

- Cullen was breech, but I know he shifted again already.  He is so big that there is no mistaking when he is doing a position shift!

I put Dr. K on the spot and flat out asked him how much longer he thought I would go.  He said he WANTS me to go to 37 weeks, but he thinks I’ll go at least 4 more weeks.  He did ask me how much the twins weighed (which was 5lbs 6oz together).  Because I am getting close to that with Cullen I think they are going to be expecting something to happen at any minute.  The contractions are often and my uterus is measuring so much larger than it should.  I feel good about Cullen’s weight, but I wish I could do something to help his lungs out should he be delivered in the next few weeks.  It would be amazing to have a strong, fat premature baby that amazed all of the doctors and left the hospital with us despite his gestation…we will just lay back and see what happens.  So, another peri visit next week ~ unless we make an impromptu visit to the hospital before then (NOT planning on it!). 

Team Chunky did an amazing job again this year.  We were at $2915 yesterday (we have 800.00 to deliver still) which is awesome for our situation!  The shirts are being picked up tomorrow and we can’t wait to see all of our supporters at the March.  There is a big surprise coming…but, I decided to wait and tell you about it Sunday!  Stay tuned…

Blessings,

Angie

2 comments:

The Lane Family said...

I am glad that Cullen is hanging in there and doing so well and hopefully you are as well :)

As for his lungs have they given you the steroid shots yet?? With my twin girls I started on hospital bed rest at 23 weeks and almost delievered them that day and they immediately started my steroid shots. With a lot of prayers and magnesium/sulfate I got to 35 weeks and only one had to have some help breathing.

Good Luck and hang in there!!

Emily's Blog said...

Congrats on the good update. I'm glad that Cullen is deciding to stay put and that he is big. Hopefully, you can make it to your deadline.
Hang in there, and stay tough!!