Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Team Chunky Monkey

Once again this year  our friends and family came together to make Team Chunky Monkey a huge success.  We raised over $4200 this year which is a huge blessing.  (I will post final numbers when I see them)

april 10 183

Not only do our friends and family give their time and money so generously, but this year we were given a HUGE blessing from the March of Dimes…a “billboard” sign along the walk path on U of H campus. 

I remember our first march in April 2008 as B and I passed the “honor signs”…I got the chills and tears in my eyes.  I knew that one day I would LOVE to have one of those for our babies.  I looked into them the next year, but they are pricey and usually a corporation will sponsor a family and that is how you get a sign.

You can imagine my total surprise when I got a call from Katie with the March for Dimes in Houston two weeks ago asking us if they could/letting us know they would like to honor our family with a sign.  I was OVERJOYED and so beyond grateful for their generous offer to our family…and our miracle babies. 

april 10 191april 10 192

Many thanks to Katie and the entire Houston March of Dimes office for your generous gift to our family…you may never know how much joy that gave us.  We are honored to raise awareness and funds for your organization for as long as we are able and we thank you for all you do to help babies like ours daily.

Many thanks to all of you that made your way to the U of H campus early on Sunday morning.  You took steps that day for all of the tiny miracles, like our Bennett, that will never take steps of their own.  We are so grateful for you and your selfless dedication to Team Chunky Monkey.  I can’t wait to join you next year with our miracle man Cullen!

april 10 182 april 10 187 april 10 184 april 10 200 

Many thanks for your donations and your fundraising this year.  We would never be able to do this without all of you.  This year we would like to say a special thanks to our top fundraisers. 

The Jackson Family

The Potts Family

The Nord Family

The Olson Family

The Boudreaux Family (Chef D cooked ALL the food at the crawfish boil…thank you!!!)

Oakland Elementary School

The Kahl Crawfish Fundraiser (we aren’t thanking ourselves…we are thanking all of our friends and family members that went out of their way to attend and donate)

Shirts were donated by The Vollmar Family

april 10 203

We look forward to next year!  I can’t wait for the crawfish boil and B is talking about a swimming party after the march…stay tuned!

april 10 197

Blessings,

Angie

No comments: