Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday night fun…

Week 34 went out with a bang! 

I decided that my “what will be” attitude I had prior to Wednesday’s appointment had to be amended due to the nature of our situation.  Rather than being so nonchalant about contractions and pains, I decided that I should probably pay SOME attention to them since my body is really preparing for delivery at any time. 

Yesterday was just a crazy day.  It started with a call to the OB’s office because of a pain I have been having.  I am assuming it is from pressure on the cerclage, but not positive.  Unfortunately, I got a nurse that does not know my situation AT ALL and therefore she was of no help to me.  I asked her if I needed to be worried about this dilating causing any damage to my cervix b/c of the cerclage.  Her response: Usually y’all (us women she meant) call us when you start having contractions…NO KIDDING!  I gave her the 5 second rundown on my situation about being on home health care b/c of contractions and my recent hospitalization with mag and she still didn’t get it.  I threw in the towel and ended the conversation.  I figured if things got worse I would call back and request to talk to my favorite nurse. 

What didn’t help matters at all yesterday is that I was out of bed more than I have been recently because I was here alone with Ellie until my mom got here to help out.  That little change in my daily routine sent my uterus into a downward spiral!  By the time my mom left (B was on his way home at that point) and I laid down to monitor I was having rhythmic contractions every 6 minutes.  When the nurse called me to give the results I knew they were going to be bad.  She decided that it was time to make some changes to my pump settings in order to get more meds.  I decided it was probably time to call my OB’s office back and talk to a real nurse.

So, at 4pm I was told by my OB’s nurse that I had to be sent to the hospital.  My current situation combined with the rhythmic contractions was a one way ticket.  UGGH!!!

I decided to play a little game of let’s make a deal!

I agreed to go to the hospital IF the new pump settings and an additional hour at home didn’t make a change in my uterine activity at all.  She reluctantly said OK, but made it clear that she was very concerned about what could be happening to my body as a result of waiting at home while having contractions. 

An hour later I was up to contractions 10 min apart, but the pressure was killing me.  The rest of the night was up and down.  Constant contractions with pain and pressure in the pelvis and cramping in my back.  Aside from the natural labor I went through with the twins (until my csection) this is the most constant discomfort I have ever been in.

We packed up all of our bags last night and made a plan to get Ellie’s goodies packed up and my mom would just meet us at the hospital.  I was scared to death that my water was going to break in the middle of the night because of the pressure of the strong contractions. 

Thankfully, we made it through the night and we are still at home!!!

Today, I am 35 weeks pregnant and that doesn’t sound so bad to me…if delivery becomes impossible to avoid! 

I think if my body had its way, Cullen would be here sooner rather than later.  However, we know God is in control and His plan will reveal itself in due time. 

So, in the meantime my poor Hubby is stuck babysitting me and our precious little girl. He is such a fantastic husband that he spoiling us with grilled hamburgers and other yummy goodies.  As stressful as these last few days have been, I can’t imagine having any other man by my side during it. 

I want to keep a good record of these last days, so look for frequent updates on the status of my uterus!!!

Blessings,

Angie

3 comments:

COUNTRY MOM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliette said...

Hooray for 35 weeks! You're doing great.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Congratulations on making it to 35 weeks. You are doing such an awesome job. I look forward to reading all your updates. Many Blessings,