Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Monday, May 24, 2010

One more Monday to go!

This is the start of the last full week I’ll be pregnant!  That is totally exciting for me and totally frightening to me all at the same time.

Despite the rocky road we have traveled for the last 9 months, I will miss a lot of what we have experienced.

- Knowing how safe Cullen is inside of me and feeling him move, kick and roll around.  The bond that a mother shares with her unborn child is a true blessing and even though I am ready to share him with B and Ellie I will deeply miss this feeling.

- My weekly doctor visits that have been more like dates for B and me…it has been such a joy to have that alone time with him.

- My big belly and cute maternity clothes…even though I rarely wore them in public I still think bellies and maternity clothes are the CUTEST! 

-Eating more than I should and not really gaining THAT much weight!

- Being on bed rest and having my baby girl cuddle in my nest.  I truly have enjoyed the alone time with her.

- Eating every single meal in bed!  Lazy…yes!  But, it has been kind of fun!

There are a million other little things I will miss, but there are even more wonderful times I am looking forward to.  This experience and pregnancy is closing a huge chapter in our lives, but it is followed by a new chapter full of wonderful times and new beginnings. 

Tomorrow will be my last peri appointment and Wednesday will be my last OB appt.  It just seems surreal to me.  I am hoping that we will make it to 36 weeks, but to be honest my body feels very ready to have this baby.  As I type this I am having contractions every 4 minutes.  I woke up this morning with “that feeling”…like something wasn’t feeling right.  I am cramping terribly in my back and feeling them in the front as well.  I woke up at 4 am super hot and unable to fall back to sleep.  I got Ellie ready for gymnastics and a friend picked her up for me…thank goodness for great friends!  As we sat and waited I felt even worse.  I napped while Ellie was away and when she got home we both showered.  I felt better after the shower, but now my contractions are out of control! 

The most irritating part of these contractions is that they aren’t doing anything!  If I call the OB they will send me to the hospital.  If I don’t contract every 5 minutes the hospital will send me home.  It is a ridiculous cycle.  I refuse to spend the week in the hospital when I can labor right here at home.  Now if my water were to break that would be a different story, but it’s not looking like that is going to happen!  However, my cervix could be dilating even further and in that case I should probably be at the hospital…UGH the internal battle!!!

So, this is my Monday…thank goodness I only have one left!

But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create…

Isaiah 65:18

Blessings,

Angie

chocEllie

My baby sure enjoys a chocolate popsicle!

giddy up

Mimi giving piggy back rides!!!  Hilarious!

1 comment:

Thomas and Jamie said...

WOW - yesterday was the LAST MONDAY? The Lord has brought you SO FAR!! I remember in the beginning just praying that each post wouldn't be bad news...I can't believe you're almost full term! That's GREAT! Hope you're feeling better and that the next few days will bring you peace of mind and assurance in all decisions you make!