Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Thursday, May 13, 2010

We’re having a baby…

NOT today, but in THREE WEEKS!!!  It is just now dawning on me that we are done with the IVF and almost done with a pregnancy that resulted from a successful IVF.  We are actually going to be bringing home a baby boy in three weeks.  All ours!  A healthy baby that is going to live…it is just a miracle that we have made it this far…a true miracle.

Yesterday, was a great visit.  I’m always a little skeptical of “great” visits because things don’t usually stay that way for me for long, but there are always firsts.  Plus, we only have three weeks left and I feel GREAT about that, so I’m trying not to let my neurotic mind derail my positive thoughts.

Best news of the day:

NO cervical change at all.  Still 3 CM and no dynamic change to the internal part of the cervix.  That is fantastic news after all of my contractions and it gives me hope that this cervix can last the next three weeks through whatever contractions I will have to endure. 

Our big guy is now measuring 5 lbs 12oz!  I repacked his hospital bag today and added a few newborn outfits just incase the preemie outfits don’t fit his extra large physique! 

My OB did mention that if I happen to go back into the hospital because of labor contractions before my scheduled c-section they ARE going to try to stop them with mag again.  I slowly strangled her with my eyes and told her that basically, B and I decided to weather the contractions as long as physically possible or let my water break before I decided to be readmitted to the hospital.  She laughed at me…I hope we don’t have to consider either scenario.  I am hoping that we meet in the OR on June 4th for my scheduled delivery and we spend the next 4 days with our baby boy in our hospital room.  I’m not hoping actually…I am praying. 

So, I have 2 more appointments and then the week of delivery.  21 days is a long time for contractions to pick up and for my uterus to freak out, but I’m taking one day at a time (truly, if I make it 15 more days that would be AWESOME!!!).  I am not panicking when I hit contractions every 5 minutes.  I am just going to take the meds and keep my mind focused.  I appreciate all of the prayers.  I would really appreciate them for the next few weeks until we reach the end of this journey.    

I am pretty sure I am in major nesting mode these days.  My mom and Biddy have been a huge help in getting the last few tasks accomplished.  We are so prepared this time and I love it.  I never had the chance to get diapers in a basket and clothes organized in the closet with the twins and I have done that this time.  His room looks fantastic and will just need some decorative touches after I’m off of bed rest.  I love to just go and sit in his glider and look around. 

At the doctor yesterday B and I picked out coming home outfits for Cullen and Ellie.  I picked out an adorable Feltman bros  outfit for Cullen and B picked out the most beautiful blue smocked dress for his little princess.  Two more big sister presents to buy and a coming home dress for me and we are D.O.N.E! 

I am thrilled.  I am in disbelief that we have made it this far.  I feel blessed and grateful. 

Only 21 more days!!!

Blessings,

Angie

Funny Ellie story:  Well, the not so funny part is that Ellie has had MAJOR separation anxiety since my hospitalization.  She has nightmares at night and wakes up every morning at 4-5 when B wakes up and cries hysterically b/c he is getting out of bed and leaving.  It is sad and I am trying to work through it with her.  Yesterday morning I was patting her and telling her to just relax and go back to bed.  She looked up at me with sad eyes and said, “Okay,. mommy I’ll settle down.”  UGH!  I felt so terrible for her.  My poor baby is so deserving of a break and a “normal” life again.  SOON!

Then today, I decided to teach her how to put a real diaper on her baby.  She was adorable and even put the hiney in the right spot!  I decided to let her dress her baby in a newborn outfit (that actually fit!) and she got a real pacifier of her and bottle to put in her very own diaper bag.  Adorable!  We worked on how to hold a baby and protect its head and she did as well as any 3 year old!  I can’t wait to see my beautiful miracle girl as a big sister.  She is going to be the best!

2 comments:

Juliette said...

I'm so happy for you. You've been amazing!

Karen Ramirez said...

I got chill bumps reading your post. God is so good!