Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

January 2013

 

Welcoming in 2013 with our Bocky!

nye

New Year’s Eve in bed with their besties!

nye bed

The second week in January meant our bi-annual trip to Dallas market.  I took the kiddos for the first time which was interesting.  I drove alone and met my  mom up there.  After our 3 hour trip there I noticed both kids sounded super congested.  As the day wore on fevers emerged and congestion became worse.  I always travel with meds, so I gave tylenol and crossed my fingers.  The next day, I purchased the lights I went for, helped my mom out and we packed up to head home.  Cullen seemed miserable and super cranky.  About 45 minutes away from home he threw up all over the car!  Blah!  We took a trip to the doctor the following day and came home with a strep throat diagnosis x 2!  At least you can treat that with an antibiotic!

Here is our little lady in the hotel room.

dallad trip

My new kitchen pendants I went all the way to Dallas for!!

lights

Daddy had an AWESOME idea to have a family campout in the living room one night.  We roasted hotdogs in the fireplace and followed that up with s’mores!  Best.nights.ever are the ones with the four of us together doing something the kiddos will never forget!

campingroasting

January also meant back to school for us! Homeschool and the routine it has become for our family is what keeps me in my happy place. I LOVE teaching Ellie and I am beyond proud of the progress we have made together. I love it when friends see our classroom for the first time and say, “Whoa…I had no idea it was like THIS!”

Yep, it’s like that…and we LOVE it!  Even with a month off during the holidays and two family trips we are still over a year ahead.  I seriously can NOT believe I am ordering 2nd grade curriculum for my baby girl!  school day

Speaking of baby…our little, almost three year old man will be starting K4 curriculum in the fall!  We are in the process of redesigning the classroom to accommodate our newest classmate come August! 

100th day of school fun!  Little brother loves special days at school because he always gets to participate!

100th day100th day necklace

 

Ellie and Cullen,

WOW!  What a way to start a new year!!  Every week is such an adventure with the two of you.  Some weeks we spend every single day doing school and living life, but some weeks we just go and go on lots of fun outings.  I L.O.V.E. this time with both of you.  I love that you two love each other and stick up for each other (especially, when one of you gets in trouble). 

Ellie, you are a wonderful teacher and example for you little brother.  What a blessing you are my perfect little princess!

Cullen, I love that you make Ellie a little more adventurous than she would typically be!  I think that is good for her, but I’m more thankful that she is usually there with you to remind you when you are about to cross the line!  You need her as much as she needs you and I hope it is always like that with you guys.

Love you both always and forever,

Mommy

No comments: