Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Friday, May 31, 2013

Before you turn 3…

Sweet, sweet Cullen…  I truly can not believe you are almost 3!!  My baby!

This time with you is even more precious to me because I missed all of these months with Ellie while I was on bed rest with you.  I keep saying, “I don’t remember Ellie acting like this…” and then I remember it’s because I sat in a bed or in a hospital for seven months of her life at this stage.

You seem WAY ahead of the game when I compare you to what I remember Ellie doing at the same age.

- You are totally and completely potty trained…even through the night.

-You are obsessed with dinosaurs.  Like, you know their scientific names, their attributes, what kind of teeth they have and what classification eater they are.  You told Bocky you wanted to be a paleontologist…and I think she almost died that a 2 year old used that word!

dino friendsdino donec dino paint

- You love puzzles.

- You love to color and you do a great job!  You use several colors for one picture and mostly stay in the lines.

- You have a great attention span when you join us in school.  You love to use the white board, match shapes, and use the teddy bear counters.  You’ve known colors and shapes for a very long time, so now we are working on ALL of the letters.

vday school cvday school

- You can count to 20 with no problem, however the other day you made it to 34. 

- You know mommy’s phone number

- You can usually tell me what day of the week it is and be correct!

- You LOVE to play on your kindle.  You have almost every dino download, puzzle and creative coloring app they offer.  You are a little pro at it!

cool cullenc kindle

- I love that when you wake up in the morning you look at me and say, “High five mom” what an awesome, positive way to start our day!  Your other favorite way to wake me up is with an eskimo kiss.

- You adore your sister!  So much, that is annoys her regularly!  However, the two of you could play for hours together and that makes this momma’s heart so happy!

c princec xmas tree

- You brush your teeth twice a day

- You can put on and take off all of your clothes.  If your unders have a design that is intended to be on the back you ALWAYS put it on in the front and throw a total fit if we try to change it! 

- You can put on your own tennis shoes.

- You can field and throw a whiffle ball for daddy and you just got your first t-ball set.

- You can name NFL players…especially, the ones that have commercials!  Makes a daddy proud!c pads

- You are enrolled in gym and you still love it.

- You call you friends that are boys your brothers…LOL!

- You think Carson (Ms. Bocky’s brother) really IS your brother and you talk about him 23356 times a day! 

- You love to eat fresh fruit! (like abnormal amounts of it), EGGS, sausage, turkey lunch meat, fruit snacks, “pop-corum” with cheese on it, and broccoli…lots of broccoli!  And you love to help mommy cook!

c chef

- You still don’t drink milk.  Every now and then you will have cereal with some milk, but we usually have a hot breakfast, so it isn’t very often you have the chance to eat it.

- You are not a dessert guy, but you do love lollipops and jelly belly beans.  If you do eat ice cream it’s usually strawberry.

- You love your Grampy.

grampy

- You are a natural in the pool!  You can now swim a distance and stop in the middle to get a breath then continue swimming.  It blows me away how well you swim at such a young age.gogglessuper tan

- You are SO SCARED of bugs!  It’s HILARIOUS b/c Ellie will catch a ladybug and you will run, screaming in the opposite direction.  You can’t even stand when a fly lands on you!  You aren’t a big fan of Santa either!c santa

- You are a master scooter rider.  You whip around our block like a teenager.  God Bless that helmet!

- You are the first one to tell someone if they use bad or “inappropriate” language!  As a matter of fact, you told our neighbor last week what she said was “inappropriate”.  I mean, you were right, but it was very embarrassing for me!

- You love to say hi to people.  You ask me if kids we see in public can come to your dinosaur party.  You are a friendly little soul.  However, you are a very reserved child when you are first introduced to someone.  Everything happens on YOUR terms.

- You tell me that Ellie makes you “frustrating” when she won’t play with you.

- You pray first every night before dinner and then after prayers are done you ask every single person at the table how their day was.

- Your favorite color: blue.

- Your best friend is daddy.c working

- Your favorite food: carrots.

- Your favorite movie: Bolt.

I A.D.O.R.E you, my little gift!  When we were pregnant with you I just wanted a healthy, full term baby, but deep down I longed to raise a little boy.  You are ornery, short tempered, opinionated, adventurous, and loving.  You are ALL boy for sure and you make every single day of life interesting.c playgroundc vail

I love you Cullen Spencer, always, always and forever.

donkey c2yr checkc hat

Love,

Mommy

No comments: