Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

March 2013–California!

In March, we joined B on a business trip to California. The most exciting part of this trip is that it was a total surprise to the kiddos!  Ellie knew we were flying somewhere, but she had no clue where.  This is what we gave her at the airport at 7am in the morning:

cali book 2cali book

Daddy had to work for most of the trip, but that didn’t stop this momma from renting a car and driving up and down the coast from LA to Laguna Beach! It was amazing.

cali car

On our first day, we took a trip to Long Beach to visit the aquarium. So much fun! Random, but I’ve always wanted to just TRY an In and Out burger, so it was on my checklist of things to do. We aren’t fast food eaters, so it was just ok to me.

cali cheeseaquarium

On our second day, I took both kiddos to Disneyland…alone! B got to meet up with us around 4 that afternoon for dinner and the parade, but the day was spent as a single mom waiting in line and taking a zillion trips to the bathroom. (b/c Cullen is totally and completely potty trained which is awesome, but it makes trip taking a little interesting) The teacup ride was Ellie’s favorite and Dumbo was Cullen’s! I made some amazing memories with my little babes and the smiles on their faces when we walked in to eat breakfast with the characters brought tears to my eyes.

disney crew

disney hat

disney hat backdisney hat c

A little snack and a Dumbo ride with momma!

disney ice cream

disney dumbo cheese

My little lady on the Teacup ride! 

disney happy girl

disney t cup

Just a little worn out!

disney nap

disney parade

dec-april 2013 408 - Copydec-april 2013 407 - Copydec-april 2013 404 - Copy

dec-april 2013 399 - Copy

dec-april 2013 398 - Copydec-april 2013 394 - Copydec-april 2013 376 - Copydec-april 2013 383 - Copy

dec-april 2013 353 - Copy

dec-april 2013 382 - Copydec-april 2013 358 - Copy

dec-april 2013 390 - Copydec-april 2013 391 - Copy

dec-april 2013 370 - Copydec-april 2013 368 - Copy

On Saturday, B was done with work and it just happened to be the weekend of the Oscars, so we took off to L.A. so that Ellie could see the red carpet! She loved it!!! We even got to see the statue! The best was watching the show on Sunday and Ellie yelling, “That is where we were – I saw that!!!” So cool!

On our way to see the stars!

cali LA

It was SO cool to see the red carpet!

cali oscarsdec-april 2013 435

Look very hard and you can see the Hollywood sign in the hills back there!

dec-april 2013 423

Dear Ellie and Cullen,

Surprising you with a trip to California was such an amazing experience!  You are both such super kiddos that it really didn’t even seem like I was a single parent for two days!  Well, Cullen, you had some questionable moments, but you are 2 so I’ll cut you some slack! 

Ellie, you BEG us to take you back to California weekly!  Now you say you want to visit San Francisco.  I love planning our family vacations with you and listening to what is important to you.  What a lucky family we are to have the chance to make these memories together!  I am pretty certain that meeting Aurora will go down as one of the best moments in your life to date!

dec-april 2013 406

Cullen, you are such a trooper!  Potty trained at two and a half and traveling to a place like Disneyland with no accidents is AWESOME!  I was so proud of you and your behavior for 95% of the trip.  Just when I think you are a handful, a stranger will walk up to our dinner table and compliment how well behaved you are…so, I guess you aren’t THAT bad after all!  I love you little man and I can’t wait for our next adventure!

Love you both always and forever,

Mommy

No comments: