Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rodeo time!

I decided against taking the kids to the rodeo last year.  Cullen was still pretty young and I guess I figured he wouldn’t really enjoy it.  That made this year that much more fun for all of us though!  Rodeo time in Houston is NO JOKE!  It truly was a great field trip filled with hundreds of teachable moments.

rodeo 3

Ellie is a world class animal lover, so I knew she would love it as usual, but I never imagined that Cullen would love it as much as he did!

rodeo

Cullen: Mommy do cowboy’s talk?

Me: ummm, yes Cullen they are people.

Cullen: WOW!

I think he thought cowboys were just from movies (Toy Story anyone??) it was adorable to see the excitement in his face during the actual rodeo portion of the show.

rodeo 2cowboys

Our day was filled with sugary snacks, livestock animals, testing out farm equipment, baby farm animals, fresh milk, carnival food and we ended it with meeting REAL cowboys!

john deer rodeo

We left the house at 11 and returned at 9…it was a LONG day of discovering for my two little babes.

Dear Ellie and Cullen,

Discovering with you makes life exciting!  I’ve done things as a mom, alone with the two of you I never dreamed possible!  I hope we spend the rest of our lives together discovering and enjoying each and every day we are blessed with.

I love you both more than you’ll ever know!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: