Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Friday, May 10, 2013

March 2013–Bocky’s shower

With her due date rapidly approaching we decided to host a baby shower for our irreplaceable, nanny, friend, sister/daughter, Blakely at the end of March.

shower menu

hostesses showerfamily shower

Alexander “Finn” was originally scheduled to arrive May 6th, but halfway through her pregnancy they upped the date to the last week in April.

b shower

We (Blakely) decided on a little man theme and it couldn’t have turned out ANY cuter.  It may go down as one of my favorite parties I’ve hosted. (and WHY am I still such a slacker when it comes to taking pics of parties we host???  I work my tail off for weeks on every.single.detail and then forget to get pictures of the final product!  Frustrating)

onesies shower

Our beautiful Blakely was SO excited and it was so amazing to be a part of this journey with her.  She will forever be a special part of our family and now we’ve gained Mr. Edgar and baby Finn too!

m and d shower

Ellie and Cullen are OBSESSED with their second mom and getting the chance to be a part of her pregnancy (she watched them up until 5 days before giving birth) was such an amazing experience. Cullen couldn’t get enough of her belly and I’m convinced he will be an OB when he gets older (that is if he decides against being a paleontologist!!). The child loves babies and bellies and dinosaurs! It’s hilarious!

b belly

Dear Blake (bocky),

I am so proud of you and the woman you have become.  You joined our family five years ago when you were 18!!!  I can’t even believe it.  You have taken care of my babies like they were your own and loved them as if they were your own and as proof they love you like a second momma. 

You were born to be a mom and Finn is one lucky little man! 

Thank you for adopting us as your extended family and for sharing every detail of this journey with us.  We can’t wait to watch Finn grow up and we look forward to TONS of family gatherings.

We love you Bocky!!!!!

No comments: