Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Monday, April 13, 2009

1 COR

On Saturday morning, while we were getting the last minute preparations ready for the crawfish boil I sat down to pick out some of my favorite pictures to put on our team poster. I can honestly say I always have a hard time picking out my favorite pictures of my babies because I love all of them. I love looking at all of Bennett’s pictures and wondering what he would look like today if he were still here with us. He looked exactly like his daddy from the day he was born.

I put all of the pictures of the poster and brought it up to the clubhouse. Later in the day a very good NICU friend of ours (Rees’ daddy) was taken aback by the pulse ox on the bottom of Bennett’s foot in one of the pictures. Stamped on the bottom of the part that wrapped around our little guy’s foot said, “1 COR.” Mark said, “Wow, look at that…it looks like it says 1 Corinthians on the bottom of Bennett’s pulse ox. I never noticed that before.” I got the chills when he pointed that out, but what really pulled the tears out of me is what 1 Corinthians reads. I pulled out the verses that touched me:

4 I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5For in him you have been enriched in every way—in all your speaking and in all your knowledge— 6because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you. 7Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

Thank you, Mark, for noticing that little sign from the bottom of Bennett’s foot. That is truly one of my favorite pictures of Bennett and every time I look at it I will be reminded of this scripture.

The rest of the day went off without a hitch…well, no major hitches anyway! The crawfish boil was a huge success and we are so thankful for all of our friends and family that came out to support Team Chunky Monkey. We had over 50 people in attendance, 100 pounds of crawfish, 40 pounds of potatoes, 8 packages of mushrooms and more “beverages” that I can even recount! The most amazing part of Saturday was that we raised over $445!!! I am in awe of the generosity of all of you. The March of Dimes is truly so special to us and to have the chance to honor Bennett in such a special way means the entire world to us. We are so proud.

After a clean up of the clubhouse we were back at home to prepare for the Easter Bunny.

Turns out the Easter Bunny was running a little late getting to our house Sunday morning, so we missed church (I am embarrassed to even admit it). We had five people here and 30 minutes to get ready and get to church and severe weather with a tornado watch on top of it all…which was just impossible. However, we made the most of a bad situation and had a beautiful dinner with our family.

It was a beautiful start to another blessed week in our lives. We are looking forward to receiving Brandon’s test results from Ambry…which should be here any day now. The peaceful feeling I have about Brandon’s test results are still in my heart. I am prayerful that we will be on the road to a successful IVF very soon!

Blessings,
Angie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet. That is just further proof that God's hands are always on us, no matter what the struggle.

Amy said...

Thats awesome Ang. Wish both of us could have been there on Sat but Chris is feeling better of course now I am feeling crummy oh well. Can't wait to hear B's results and as soon as I get my news this week, I will email you. By the way, how the heck did I miss the poster on Sat??? Must have been in my own world. Love Ya & God Bless!