Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

22 months

22 months…of no hospital visits…of no shopping in the little boys department…of taking of care of only one child…of grief…of nightmares…of heartache.

22 months of tears.

22 months of praying.

22 months spent waiting to pick out and receive the perfect headstone.

22 months.

22 months of trying to understand.

22 months spent trying to remember every detail of every day of Bennett’s life.

22 months.

How can it be 22 months?

22 months of no curly haired, green eyed little boy in my arms.

22 months of white balloons.

22 months of fresh flowers.

22 months of praying…and praying…and praying…and crying.

It doesn’t seem like almost two years have passed since we held our little boy, smelled his skin and kissed him for the last time. I miss him more than I am capable of explaining…

I love you, my little Bennett…I miss you every single minute of every single day.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Angie,

I love reading your posts. You guys are in my prayers and thoughts constantly. You're open honesty about your experiences are breathtaking. Thanks for that :)

The Lyons Family said...

Woke up to yet another lovely post from my lovely friend. I'm in tears, attempting to even comprehend what you must be feeling on a daily basis, wishing I was "home" so I could stop by and give you a big hug. Please know I think of you often and pray with each passing day that God will heal your heart - that He will put the pieces back together one at a time - but fully knowing there will always be one missing piece...and it's a big one.

We'll be in Dallas house-hunting on Sunday, but we're still committed to walking with you from a distance. I'll be sure to take some pictures and send them your way.

Much love to you, Sweet Sister in Christ.

"There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, no more fears.

There will be a day when the burdens of this place will be no more, and we'll see Jesus face to face.

But until that day, we'll hold onto you always."

Somer Love said...

22 months of having a beautiful angel watching out for the 3 of you!

My heart goes out to you today!

Xo

Christy said...

Wow.. hugs and prayers for you. I love what Somer said. :)