Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Last Supper...so to speak.

The Last Supper…
Oh, what a weekend it has been! Baths, meds, humidifiers, nightgowns, naps, more baths, breakfast in bed and a very fancy “Last Supper” (you’ll understand more in a minute).

Saturday morning started with a wonderful breakfast in bed treat from Daddy. Yummy, cheesy scrambled eggs with sausage and buttered toast served with OJ. Daddy woke his favorite ladies up with their favorites ~ what a way to start a day! It was a lazy day…the kind that you don’t get out of your pj’s for. We were in our bathroom a lot so Ellie could be exposed to as much steam from the shower as possible. We did finally talk to the pedi and he said her lungs were clear ~ PRAISE GOD!!! The rest of the weekend we knew would be spent making sure we didn’t miss a dose of Tylenol or Triaminic in order to get the full effect of the Rocephin shot they gave her. Ellie napped with me and we woke up to a pizza, dinner and a movie.

Sunday started just as wonderful as Saturday with breakfast in bed from Chef B…yes, we are spoiled girls! B likes to get up really early and Ellie and I like to sleep in together. This gives B a lot of time to do important things like make breakfast for us, prepare for our gourmet dinner, do a few loads of laundry and play a little Madden ’09. How spectacular is that!!!

Ellie is sounding better, but is still very congested so we continue to give her the Triaminic. I am pretty sure our water bill will be about ten times as high as it should be because of the 27 baths and showers that have been taken or used for their steam this weekend. We are just so thankful that our regimen seems to be working. On the other hand, my chest has started to become very congested and I am coughing up some junky stuff pretty regularly. I am sure that taking care of a baby with a double ear infection and bronchitis isn’t the best thing for my CF, but that’s life. I will probably head to the doctor (that didn’t know anything about CF) and get an antibiotic…or I could just take the rest of the “yummy pink bubblegum stuff.” 

This evening Chef B served the most wonderful “Last Supper.” You see, we are going back on our Weight Watchers Diet starting tomorrow. I have about 10 pounds that I need to have gone before: 1. we do IVF again 2. We go on our cruise 3. We visit Disneyworld. It shouldn’t be hard…it just takes a little dedication. I lost 45 pounds and over the last few months I have put on about 10, so off they go! For our last FAT supper Chef B served marinated, pepper crusted steaks, twice baked potatoes, and cheese bread…WOW! Holy wow…it was the best meal I have ever had from my Chef! He is known as a wonderful pastry chef, but he has proven himself worthy to cook savory meals as well. I told him I would give him total control of the kitchen every Sunday for a “Sunday Splurge” meal created by him. What a great guy he is! I didn’t even have to clean up after him…AMAZING!!! If any of you do the WW program and have any wonderful recipes to share I would love to see them!

So, 91 more days to raise money for march for babies and Team Chunky Monkey. There are so many ways you can help Team Chunky Monkey so that we can help March for Babies. The banner on the right will take you directly to my page which is: http://marchforbabies.org/littleengine


Sponsor Our Walk: Even the smallest amount of money can accomplish amazing things (just as the smallest babies can.) You can donate by credit/debit card, PayPal or cash/check. This does not sign you up on our team. This is a good option for those who wish to donate, but are unable to walk on our team.

Join Team Chunky Monkey: Just click on Walk With Me. From there, you can begin collecting donations to meet your own goal which will go towards the team goal.

What if you want to walk, but do not want to collect donations? Just click on Walk With Me and set your goal to be the amount of money you wish to donate. Then, donate to yourself and show up to walk.

What if you want to walk, but are unable to donate yourself? Just click on Walk With Me, set a goal and begin collecting donations from others.

Our goal is to have our shirts ordered by the middle of March. We will be providing Team Chunky Monkey t-shirts for all of our team members (donated directly to us or raised money on their own) that come out to support us on April 26 at Robertson Stadium at 9am. We have 91 days left to raise about 2500. That comes to about $27.47/day. If we could get 6 friends to raise $5/day we could reach our goal. As simple as this sounds, it’s only with your help that we are going to be able to reach this goal. Please share our blog site with your friends by linking it in emails or posting it up at work. You can even link our March for Babies sticker to your blog. Let them read our story to see how much this organization means to our family and what it has done for us and so many others. The future of preemie babies is counting on us to help them…and we are counting on you to help us. Together we can make a difference!

I’ll sign off with this little side note tonight. In 2006 right before Brandon and I went through IVF we ordered Chinese food for dinner. We opened our fortune cookies and mine said in big bold letters: CHILDREN. On Friday night we ordered Chinese again and Brandon’s fortune read: A big fortune will descend upon you this year. After the last couple of crazy weeks we have had…that made us laugh…a lot and out loud!

Have a blessed week!
Angie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are all feeling better. I didn't design my button. I had Hilary from Scrapblogs design it. She also did my blog layout, and I just love it. You can go to http://scrapblogdesignsbyhilary.blogspot.com/. She only charged me $2.00 for the button, but I'm not sure what she would charge alone.

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment with the Kahls!!!! Emerson has suffered with the same congestion/ear infection stuff since before Christmas and he is finally getting better (fingers crossed). Our pediatrician finally sold us a Nebulizer that we use with just normal saline which has been a God send!! No more steamy showers, it's well worth the $100. I hope little girl is feeling better and you are too! You go Chef B...maybe I could sign BiffRyan up for some lessons. Hope to see you again soon!!