Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Monday, January 19, 2009

My first blog award

What an honor!!! I had to take a break from the blog world because I had a bit of a busy weekend and I came back to find that I had been given a sweet blog award from Cindy and another one from Heidi. Thanks girls!!!




It is to be given to your new blog world friends, and they are to pass it along to their new blog world friends. It should go to those who step outside their comfort zone, and make new bloggy friends. I was so surprised by all of the support the preemie community showed after Bennett died and I moved from babysites.com to blogger. I met so many wonderful moms that had been in the same situation as me. It was so encouraging to feel like I wasn’t alone.
Once again, I was completely blown away by the support I received after I got the news about CF from my doctor. Moms with CF children and women that are living with CF that took time out of their busy lives to make me feel welcome and comforted. I have learned so much about this disease and about living with it from all of you! Words truly can’t express my thanks to all of you. So, I am going to pass this along to these four girls:

Christy from The Jobes:
Christy has two beautiful daughters and the oldest Mackenzie is living with CF. I have only had a chance to glance at her blog, but from that I can tell what an amazing mom she is and what incredible girls she has!

Alicia from Experiencing Each Moment:
Alicia is the first person to contact me after my diagnosis. She is mommy to two beautiful kiddos and her daughter is living with CF. Alicia is a wonderful Christian woman whose faith and compassion make her an inspiration to me! Thanks Alicia!

Cara from Cara Monster:
Cara is another blog friend that I connected with after my diagnosis. We are actually from the same area and share a love for Lupe Tortilla’s!!!

Jodi from Olivia and Logan:
Jodi is not a new blog friend, but she is a very dear friend to me and has been on my heart lately. Jodi gave birth prematurely to twins Logan and Olivia. We have so much in common and she always reminds me that I am not alone! Thank you, Bennett and Logan for bringing us together!

I would send this award to all of my new CF friends, but most of them already got one…so, I am going to say thanks to:
Jenn, Cindy, Christy, Somer, Angela and all of the others that have sent encouraging comments my way.

I realized something when Bennett and Ellie were in the hospital: Our nightmare is just that…OUR nightmare. It feels like the end of the world to us b/c it is the worst that is happening to us at that point. My CF story is not like any of the other people that have contacted me. I don’t live daily with their struggles, but I was never judged for my lack of knowledge about the disease or acting like a “baby” about the obvious very “mild” case of CF I have at this point. (yes…I used mild b/c it’s the easiest way for me to describe it and I felt bad for being so scared when in retrospect it's not as bad as it could be) So, thanks girls ~ you are all wonderful!

Okay, so our weekend was full of fun. Well, Saturday at least! I had a Girls Night at my house with 34 of my closest friends (and some friends of friends). I had Lupe Tortilla cater the food ~ which makes everything better! I realized on Sunday that I didn’t take one picture of the night…what was I thinking??? Brandon and Ellie had “Daddy night out” and went to dinner with Uncle Chris. After dinner they went to watch “Kung Fu Panda” in Sugarland town center and enjoyed Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. What more could a girl ask for?!?!

Sunday was spent relaxing. I think I am getting sick (coughing, drainage…yuck!) so I lied around most of the day. It worked out b/c we got a chance to relax and watch football.

My goal today is to get Ellie enrolled in gymnastics and download pictures from my camera and get some new ones up on the website…how long have I been meaning to do that?

So, 97 days left to meet our goal for team Chunky Monkey. We are so thankful for the donations we have received so far. I usually hate to ask for help b/c I try to think I can do anything on my own. However, I am asking for you to help us reach or goal. This is so dear to my heart b/c I am sure it was medical technology (with faith and God of course) that saved my baby girl and gave us the precious six months we had with our angel Bennett. I know we can do it! You can print out a sponsor form and raise money in your break room at work or recruit walkers and have them get sponsors. Remember, preemie babies are counting on US to help them. So, we are counting on you to help us…together we can make a difference!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, thanks so much. That about made me cry.

Unknown said...

HI! I just found your blog....it it sooooo sweet. I have a son that is 5 years old with cf. I look forward to getting to "know" you.

Somer Love said...

Your so cute!! How fun does Sat night sound!!!

I'm talking the girls night too... Although I am sure Kung Fu Panda is a must see :)

Alicia said...

Hey girl! I could just kick myself! I didn't know you had given me this award (thank you SO much by the way), and I just posted this award given to me by someone else!!! I'm going to update my post.

You have been through it this month! I'm hoping Feb will be a bit calmer.